The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-31-2021, 08:05 PM

Default fishman 330

hey guys ;anyone own one of these yet? i play thru a soloamp 220 for myself but lately i have taken on a bass player friend and a Kahone player friend. I think I need two mics now . My SA220 is getting a little scratchy sound coming from the pots [that I have air blasted once in awhile]. just curious.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
hey guys ;anyone own one of these yet? i play thru a soloamp 220 for myself but lately i have taken on a bass player friend and a Kahone player friend. I think I need two mics now . My SA220 is getting a little scratchy sound coming from the pots [that I have air blasted once in awhile]. just curious.
I've never used one but there are some regulars here who have, and love it. Have heard them in the wild and they sound great. I think to accommodate a bass player you'll need the add-on sub:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampl...fer-for-sa330x

Although, oddly, I don't see that listed at Sweetwater just now, hmmmm.

Depending on how bass-y your cajon player's gear is, the sub would help that too.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

I have an SA330. It replaced my long used and much loved SA220 that finally had an input section go out. I could certainly have fixed it, but, I REALLY wanted a 330.

The SA has always sounded best, offered the most utility, and cost less IMHO. I love them. BUT, and, as they say, this is a big but (sorry, couldn't help myself), all this applies when you use them for what they were intended. They were intended for an acoustic guitar and mic, or 2 guitars, or 2 mics. Whenever someone comes on the forum and complains about deficiencies in the SA, they are trying to make it stretch for a trio or quartet.

My 3 person band has 2 SAs. I use one for my acoustic guitar and my mic. My harmonica player uses one channel for his mic through which he sings and amplifies his harp, and the other channel is for my bassist's mic through which he sings. He amplifies his bass guitar through a bass amp. It all works great and we get loads of unsolicited complitments. And, these are very easy ( the easiest of the lot IMHO) to load in and out. Also, with the onboard reverbs and EQ, I don't need anything else.

So, works wonderfully well for me.

Steve
Old 08-01-2021, 06:49 PM

yeah i guess the Bass player is better off with his own rig.I think this would be nice if I could plug i two mics and a guitar.Which I can't do with the SA220.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:42 AM
Charter Member

There is an SA expander, which is mixer that adds inputs, you can get through sweetwater.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
yeah i guess the Bass player is better off with his own rig.I think this would be nice if I could plug i two mics and a guitar.Which I can't do with the SA220.
I have used 2 mics and a guitar with my SA220. Mics into the xlrs in front, guitar into external preamp, reverb and one on the inputs in back. Can’t remember whether I used Aux or Monitor In. Sounded fine though.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:35 PM

I have the 330x with the 4-channel expander and the sub-woofer unit. It is a terrific system. Direct input is an electric piano, an acoustic guitar out of a Loudbox Mini, two vocal mics, and an in from a small mixer/powered speaker (which EQs an acoustic guitar and a cordless mic).

Plenty of volume, plenty of coverage in the sanctuary where we're set up (1400 square feet), and we can shape the sound to our satisfaction. I couldn't be happier with it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification