The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-02-2021, 01:41 PM

Default Whammy Pedal

I saw Adrian Belew play a couple weeks ago and it was simply fantastic. He was up on stage with Jerry Harrison and the band Turkuaz playing old Talking heads stuff and Belew just blew me away.

So I pulled my Digitech Whammy out of the mothballs last weekend determined to find something inside that mysterious device like he and so many other guitarists seem to be able to do and.... Nope. I just cannot make any useful sounds with this pedal. I desperately want to but I can't. I like the default detune settings but don't want a giant foot pedal on my board just for one setting.

Do any of you regularly use one of these devices, particularly in a band setting? It's fun enough to play around with on my own but I think If I brought this out at band rehearsal everyone would just stop and look at me like I was mad

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars