The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 06-28-2021, 08:47 PM

Default “74 Conrad reso

Would like to know more about these guitars if anyone has any info. Got it a few weeks ago. It had been hanging in a local store’s repair area for at least a year with a bad pickup. Long story short, a replacement pickup was unobtainable and so they installed a Univox/Teisco pickup mini bucker they had from another repair. I tried it. I bought it. Slides and frets very nicely with only a set of light 13s. It does appear to me thought that cone is a little too clean and nice. Like it’s been replaced. And that’s perfectly fine too as it’s plenty loud and sustains well. Without taking the cover off , it does appear that it’s a little larger than a typical biscuit style cone. Anyone know more about these? Guys at the shop said they were basically Matsumoto factory guitar branded under Conrad, Takamine and Guild.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/06Sa...mYoYvxaR1KCiag

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments