The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-15-2021, 07:04 PM
Charter Member

Default Electric adult size scooter?

Is there an adult sized scooter, something that looks like a Vespa that you can sit down on, that is electric powered and can carry a 210lb man 30mph? I'm looking everywhere online and finding kid's scooters that you stand on. I basically want an electric motorcycle type scooter.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

https://www.minnesotabluegrass.org/
Old 09-15-2021, 07:30 PM

Vespa makes the ELETTRICA 70 KM/H. Might be an option.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:26 PM
Guest 928

It has been a while since I searched for such an item, but I remember some interesting possibilities.

Amazon lists a number of scooters for adults. If I remember correctly most of those are manufactured in a foreign country and only have a few reviews (which often sound suspiciously like company shills). But there were several scooters that caught my attention, the most appeal (to me) being the fat tire units.

In general I also ran across a number of three wheel scoots that I thought were pretty fetching.

The most common scooters on the market seem to be made in China. I suspect that some of those may be well made.

I also remember a scooter made in Canada that got great reviews and seemed reasonably priced.

Unfortunately I can't help with specifics. But the search should be fun and I'd guess that you'll find some recommendations from others on this forum.

You might also want to look for a used Vespa.

Good luck.

Good luck.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:19 PM

I have Vespa 350, but it uses petrol. Great fun around town.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:54 PM

Old 09-15-2021, 10:15 PM
Anticipation Junkie

A google search for electric scooters shows many of various designs, including a motorcycle look. Here’s just one example (an “Emmo”)...

Old 09-16-2021, 05:41 AM

What's your budget and what are your expectations for post-sale service and support?

The Vespa is not exactly modestly priced, and some I know go for the top tier e-assist bicycles that can go near 30 MPH and are designed for doing errands and utility. Their logic is the support and the way they can travel and park where a larger scooter cannot.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
A google search for electric scooters shows many of various designs, including a motorcycle look. Here’s just one example (an “Emmo”)...

When I searched I found several Emmos but the ones I looked at had a max weight capacity much less than my 210lbs. There might be others I didn't see. That one looks like what I'm after though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwjl View Post
What's your budget and what are your expectations for post-sale service and support?

The Vespa is not exactly modestly priced, and some I know go for the top tier e-assist bicycles that can go near 30 MPH and are designed for doing errands and utility. Their logic is the support and the way they can travel and park where a larger scooter cannot.
I don't have a budget. I'm really not looking for an electric bicycle either. I can get those locally at the bike shops. I tried a couple out and that's not what I want.iI don't think parking is an issue.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

Old 09-16-2021, 12:13 PM
Guest 928

I've heard that Honda is coming out with a number of electric scooters. I saw that Honda has just released a model in China with a very reasonable price. Something worth looking into and maybe waiting for?
Old 09-16-2021, 05:00 PM

There are a zillion YouTube videos on this subject. Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCwcrh50NhA
Old 09-16-2021, 05:27 PM
Guest 928

The CSC Monterey might be your ticket to ride. It carries up to 300 pounds and goes up to 30 MPH: $1,995. There are also models with more power and higher speeds.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
The CSC Monterey might be your ticket to ride. It carries up to 300 pounds and goes up to 30 MPH: $1,995. There are also models with more power and higher speeds.
That looks like something I'm looking for. I like the looks of it and it checks all the boxes. Thanks.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

Old 09-17-2021, 09:09 AM
Charter Member

This electric scooter can help keep you out front of traffic = 254 MPH

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 09-18-2021, 07:49 AM
Guest 928

RL;

It checks the boxes, but I have a reservation--I can only find one find review, and it seems more promo than review. It would be good if you live where you can visit the showroom and test the bike. If you don't live near the dealer then I'd want to know if the bike shipped in pieces/parts and I'd want a copy of the assembly directions before I made the purchase.

Despite all that, it is a good looking bike, checks the boxes, and is reasonably priced. Good luck in your search.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllink View Post
Is there an adult sized scooter, something that looks like a Vespa that you can sit down on, that is electric powered and can carry a 210lb man 30mph? I'm looking everywhere online and finding kid's scooters that you stand on. I basically want an electric motorcycle type scooter.
I'll probably get kicked off the forum for saying this but "I'm looking everywhere online ..."? Seems like everyone responding is using a slightly better search engine :0

Last edited by bseej; 09-18-2021 at 08:31 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic