The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2021, 09:34 AM

I love baseball. Jay's are my number one, Mets are a second. Funny thing with baseball is there's so many times I like and enjoy watching, only a few I actually really dislike, like the Yankees.
I used to watch a lot of baseball, mostly Jay's games, then the last few years, maybe 5, I have seen maybe a handful of games, we canceled cable. The one thing I miss is sitting down and watching a Jay's game. I'm thinking of getting a MLB subscription. I used to know everything about the Jay's and a lot of what was going on in the league, I don't even know who plays for them anymore. I need to get back on the train.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellington View Post
I love baseball. Jay's are my number one, Mets are a second. Funny thing with baseball is there's so many times I like and enjoy watching, only a few I actually really dislike, like the Yankees.
I used to watch a lot of baseball, mostly Jay's games, then the last few years, maybe 5, I have seen maybe a handful of games, we canceled cable. The one thing I miss is sitting down and watching a Jay's game. I'm thinking of getting a MLB subscription. I used to know everything about the Jay's and a lot of what was going on in the league, I don't even know who plays for them anymore. I need to get back on the train.
Consider MLB Atbat, maybe? You can listen to every game. But a tip on the MLB subscription for video—in 2018 and 2019, they put it on sale for Father’s Day. Almost halved the price.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 04-18-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Owen View Post
Consider MLB Atbat, maybe? You can listen to every game. But a tip on the MLB subscription for video—in 2018 and 2019, they put it on sale for Father’s Day. Almost halved the price.
Wow thank you for the info!
Old 04-18-2021, 10:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Consider MLB Atbat, maybe? You can listen to every game.
I use that too. Works great.
Old 04-25-2021, 06:42 AM

Jason deGrom is amazing. When you win back to back Cy Youngs with only 10 and 11 win seasons you must be doing something amazing.

Great start to the year and once again the Mets don't support him with Wins. He's 2-1 with some amazing stats. How many wins would Jason have the past few years if it were pitching or any other team?
Old 05-08-2021, 05:57 AM
Charter Member

Default Pujols

So sad to see the Angels designate Albert for assignment. Being a Cards fan, I never forgave Pujols for leaving St. Louis, but I'm sad to see his stay with the Angels end like this. His first ten years was the greatest first decade in baseball history. An amazing ballplayer... he owned the city, but his stay in Anaheim was a far cry from his Cardinal days. Sad outcome...

https://www.mlb.com/news/albert-pujo...ased-by-angels
Old 05-08-2021, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
So sad to see the Angels designate Albert for assignment. Being a Cards fan, I never forgave Pujols for leaving St. Louis, but I'm sad to see his stay with the Angels end like this. His first ten years was the greatest first decade in baseball history. An amazing ballplayer... he owned the city, but his stay in Anaheim was a far cry from his Cardinal days. Sad outcome...

https://www.mlb.com/news/albert-pujo...ased-by-angels
Kerbie, I read the news about Pujols yesterday. I always thought that the contract and signing by the Angels was a bust when considering the huge dollars and return. He didn't come close to his Cardinals numbers. If he stayed with the Cards my gut tells me he would have 700 HRs and greater career numbers. He only reached the post season once with the Angels and that was a sweep (loss).
Old 05-08-2021, 06:40 AM
Charter Member

Yep, I agree, Dru. He had the keys to the city of St. Louis and probably would have been the next, "The Man." Stan Musial might have had to relinquish the title.

Then he started out in Anaheim in an awful slump and never got up to speed. A heckuva change of pace for such a great player.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:12 PM

Sad to see this modern style ending of the Pujols run. Great player. Big day for Giants fans like me yesterday. Listened to the Giants beat the Padres (on MLB.atbat) to hold on to 1st, and celebrated the Sayheykid’s 90th birthday.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 05-08-2021, 06:42 PM

The Pujols situation is still unclear and probably should have been handled differently. He wasn't the player of St. Louis, but did give many historical moments.
Still there didn't seem like a lot of playing time at DH or first base. Production was down and he wanted to play everyday. He even talked of playing next year.
Though it was never said, the thought seem to be this would be the final year of his 10yr. contract. And then his 10yr. service contract would begin. Management was well aware of the money available to improve the team in the future.

The Angel management said everything was professional and no hard feeling stuff. Everyone agreed. But, haven't heard from Albert.

Awkward situation. Probably more might come out.
Old 05-09-2021, 05:34 AM

Anyone think that Pujols will sign with an American League team as a DH over the next month? It's worth a chance for a team if he's willing to accept a mere $1M with incentives.

Red Sox are still rolling. Martinez and Bogarts are off to great starts.

How is everyone's team doing?
Old 05-13-2021, 05:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
My Cardinals have been on a roll for a while... 23-15. Second-best record in the NL. Is anybody watching the year pitcher Jack Flaherty is having? He beat the Brewers this afternoon to extend his record to 7-0. Right now, nobody else in the majors has more than 5. Heckuva way to begin the season!
Old 05-13-2021, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Anyone think that Pujols will sign with an American League team as a DH over the next month? It's worth a chance for a team if he's willing to accept a mere $1M with incentives.

Red Sox are still rolling. Martinez and Bogarts are off to great starts.

Oddly, my team has a record identical to your team.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 05-14-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
My Cardinals have been on a roll for a while... 23-15. Second-best record in the NL. Is anybody watching the year pitcher Jack Flaherty is having? He beat the Brewers this afternoon to extend his record to 7-0. Right now, nobody else in the majors has more than 5. Heckuva way to begin the season!
Yea, 7-0, what an amazing start to the season for Flaherty.

Quote:
Oddly, my team has a record identical to your team.
lol, you got that right, Jim. Red Sox finally beat the A's last night but they no longer have the league's best team winning percentage. Martinez and Bogarts are having outstanding seasons.
Old 05-14-2021, 02:20 PM
Charter Member

By an odd alignment of events, some persons from Raleigh, NC are lifelong Redsox fans, yet others root for the Cards. Yet for each of us, we consider “our” team our hometown team.

One wonders how this could happen?

Optima dies, prima fugit
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic