The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 09:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Just finished “Mindhunters”on Netflix
I had forgotten they never convicted Wayne Williams for all those murdered children in Atlanta.
This is a series that needs to be continued.
The study of mass murderers and serial killers by doing live interviews was absolutely spell-binding.

We really liked Mindhunters Season One. Two was way more focused on the drama of the agents.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:48 PM

I *highly* recommend The Great British Baking Show. I’ve been watching it the last few years, and it’s easily one of my all-time favorites. Such a delightful show!

Old 11-19-2020, 08:36 PM

We just finished Yellowstone and have started on the most recent season of The Crown....which is both excellent and sad.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothead56 View Post
We just finished Yellowstone and have started on the most recent season of The Crown....which is both excellent and sad.
Agree. Excellent writing and production, but there are parts of The Crown that are just unbearably sad.

I was struck by Margaret Thatcher’s characterization of the Windsors. “I’m struggling to find any redeeming features in these people at all,” she tells her husband. “They aren’t sophisticated or cultured or elegant or anything close to an ideal.”

Last edited by AX17609; 11-20-2020 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:51 PM

Indeed. The Diana storyline is absolutely heartbreaking.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:33 PM

This guy:

If you play it right the first time, it's not hard enough.

Breedlove Exotic CM Classic E: Red Cedar/Black Walnut
Bedell Angelica Bellissima Parlor: Sunken Cedar/EIR
Breedlove Crossover OO Mandolin: Sitka/Maple
Old 11-21-2020, 01:19 AM

Last edited by frankmcr; 11-21-2020 at 01:25 AM. Reason: not wasting my time on rubbish
Old 11-21-2020, 05:15 AM

For those of you with Disney+. I can't recommend 'The Manadalorian' highly enough. Season 1 was great too and it's probably the best Star Wars vehicle since the original three, with just the right amount of action, excellent special effects and humour by the bucketful. The pre-credits scene with The Child this week had me in stitches - you knew where it was going to go, but that just added to it. There's also an interesting arc story developing.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombox View Post
For those of you with Disney+. I can't recommend 'The Manadalorian' highly enough. Season 1 was great too and it's probably the best Star Wars vehicle since the original three, with just the right amount of action, excellent special effects and humour by the bucketful. The pre-credits scene with The Child this week had me in stitches - you knew where it was going to go, but that just added to it. There's also an interesting arc story developing.
I've heard great things about The Manadalorian. One day I'll subscribe to watch that show and I'll watch the three newest of the "sequel trilogy" series. I haven't seen The Rise of Skywalker yet.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombox View Post

I’m loving The Mandalorian. I would also highly recommend the Disney Gallery series of The Mandalorian — I think there are around 10 episodes that go behind the scenes with the writers and directors as they discuss casting, special effects, the music, and general Star Wars lore. It’s so interesting!

Old 11-21-2020, 05:57 PM

Finished Mr. Mercedes.
Going to start season 3 of Killing Eve.
Season 3 Yellowstone starts next week on Peacock.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmcr View Post
Sure wish i knew what this was all about!
Old 11-22-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwolf View Post
Finished Mr. Mercedes.
Going to start season 3 of Killing Eve.
Season 3 Yellowstone starts next week on Peacock.
How was Mr. Mercedes? I read the trilogy a couple years ago and enjoyed it. What network is that on?
Old 11-22-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhu View Post
We have been watching “Rita” on Netflix....made in Denmark, and has subtitles. At times very funny, at times cringeworthy as we watch the main character make terrible life choices. But we are in the hard season and are enjoying it. It is about a teacher in a small school who is really great with kids, but keeps making messes in her own life.

Much looking forward to the upcoming season of “The Crown”.
I've been watching and enjoying Rita as well, and agree with the "cringeworthy" assessment. Netflix has some great European original content, and I'm currently watching the second season of "Undercover", a Dutch-Belgian co-production. As the name suggests, it's about undercover cops running sting operations, with a lot of focus on how it affects their own lives. Since I'm learning Dutch I found the first season to be a very helpful learning tool, in addition to being a good story. Since most of the actors were Dutch, I would listen while reading the Dutch subtitles , but the second season has a different story line and almost everyone is speaking Flemish, which isn't quite so easy to understand The subtitles are the same, but the accent is really different.

Martin OM-28 Authentic 1931
Taylor Cocobolo GCce 2008 Fall Limited Edition
Paragon Cocobolo/cedar GOM
Cervantes Signature Rodriguez
Eastman Cabaret JB
Tacoma JM1612C
Old 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM
Charter Member

One of the things that I love about streaming video is the ability to "discover" movies I'd never heard of. I'm watching Catchfire, a 1990 movie in which Jodie Foster's character accidentally sees Joe Pesci's character doing a mob hit. Then Jodie Foster goes on the run followed by John Turturro and Dennis Hopper (who directed the movie) who are supposed to off Foster. The cast also includes Vincent Price, Charlie Sheen and even a cameo by Bob Dylan as well as other recognizable actors whose names might not immediately come to mind...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 11-27-2020 at 03:13 PM.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic