The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-17-2020, 08:39 PM

I’m sure you love it. I still haven’t found a J-200 better than my 630.
Martin: D-41 Reimagined (2019), 000-15SM (2018), OM-28 VTS Custom (2016), D-18 Golden Era (2014)
Taylor: K24ce Builder’s Edition (2020), K14c Cedar (1999)
Yamaha: CSF3M Parlor (2019)
Old 08-18-2020, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I keep running across that guitar every time I look at the LA guitar website. I have zero need for a jumbo, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't oogle it every time I saw it. Can you imagine what Gibson or Guild would charge for that guitar with those appointments?

I'd love to hear one. Any demos floating around?
Give Ted a call and see what price you can get for a new one. It may take a while to get it, as they're basically made to order. Mine was ordered in July and arrived in October.

There aren't very many videos, but The Acoustic Shoppe got the very first one, and John Chapman kept it for himself. They've made a few cosmetic changes, but the sound is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebubs View Post
Due here late September/early October.

My relatively inexpensive laminated maple Epiphone EJ-200 sounds amazingly good with round-core DR Sunbeam lights.

My lightly built and super responsive maple Huss & Dalton MJ Custom spat them out - prefers John Pearse Pure Nickel lights.

My maple Guild F-412 honestly sounds great with any strings I put on it!

Thanks, Bruce. I have a couple of guitars that sound amazing with any strings, and it's even difficult to tell when the strings wear out b/c it still sounds good. I might experiment with Nickel strings, but usually gravitate back to PB or Vintage Bronze (85/15) on most guitars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpricewood View Post
I’m sure you love it. I still haven’t found a J-200 better than my 630.
I do love it, but it took a while to get there. The guitar has a really fast attack, so I had to figure out my playing style for this guitar. And the sound needed to evolve a little, as it came straight from the factory to my hands with very little time in Pomona or at the dealer. But at nearly 1yo, it's sounding great!
Old 08-18-2020, 01:02 PM

The grain in the back is just breathtaking. Wow. Worth waiting for indeed!

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Old 08-19-2020, 05:10 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Enjoy your gorgeous new guitar! Wish they made one like this in an OM or 00.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 08-19-2020, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
Enjoy your gorgeous new guitar! Wish they made one like this in an OM or 00.
Thanks! This thread got bumped, and I've been enjoying all the new comments for this wonderful guitar. I've had it for about 10 months, and it keeps getting better.

Eastman makes several 00 and OM guitars (note: their OM are shorter scale, so more like a CFM 000), but not with a Maple body. Mahogany, Rosewood, and Sapele (OM only) with tops in Adi, Sitka, or Cedar (depending on model).
Old 08-19-2020, 06:05 PM
Charter Member

That is an absolute knockout

Eastman AC630BD --The Hot Blonde
Taylor 317
Rickenbacker 620 Midnight Blue
Yamaha FG700 (lives in Miami for family visits)

"Son, don't wait till the break of day, 'cause you know how time fades away..."
Old 08-19-2020, 06:18 PM

Default Welcome and enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherknife View Post
Just two days ago I pulled the trigger on one of these amazing works of art from Eastman. I had been agonizing over a Gibson J-200. Having owned a Guild F-50 rosewood backed jumbo years ago, I have been really wanting another jumbo, and preferably maple. Then I saw your pictures, and your post. At about half the price I was expecting to fork over, I will shortly be having one of these beauties in my hands, and just trying not to drool on it too much. I have seen, owned, and played some extravagantly beautiful guitars, but this one is beyond most of them. I have a Bedell, with quilted Honduran mahogany back and sides. Yes....from that "tree". It is incredible as well. But, I hardly know what to do with it since StewMac has begun selling sets of it for $6000 each. It's in a case in a safe place, where no harm will come to it. I certainly am not going to take it to the bar for an impromptu friday night set. It will outlive me. This one, even for the hefty price tag, is going to be my daily player. I don't know what I ever did to deserve these two guitars, but, I might as well get used to it, because they will never belong to anyone else as long as I am still breathing. So, thank you for the inspiration, and the beautiful pictures. I assume you are still enjoying yours, and I wish you many happy years of pickin and grinnin. This, by the way, is my first post. After I bought this incredible guitar, I figured it was time I joined the ranks of the Acoustic Guitar Forum. God has surely smiled on all of us, having given us music, and these amazing instruments to play it on. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.
What a great first post, Featherknife. Welcome to the AGF and many happy returns. I can't wait to hear about your new addition. Congrats.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:44 AM

I just ordered one from Brian at Sun Valley guitars. Man, yours looks great. I am pretty excited. I have never had a jumbo. I dont think I have ever even played one. Your review on this guitar sold me on trying one.

Last edited by baw3; 09-20-2021 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

Hi Pure Vida!

Wow! That is the most beautiful maple guitar I have ever seen! It has flaming in two directions!

I went to YouTube and found some demos of this guitar. And of course, it depends on who is playing it, but it has that classic Pete Townsend sound from the opening of Pinball Wizard.

How very cool!

It's also fascinating to see that two other posters have immediately ordered this same model guitar because of your NGD-Day and this thread and have wiped out the inventory of these models in North America!!!

I must say, I was highly tempted to order one of these myself! I have been saved by those who acted more quickly!

Congratulations on a stunning guitar!

- Glenn
Old 09-20-2021, 01:33 PM

It's deja vu all over. Brian, you've outdone yourself this time!
Old 09-20-2021, 02:14 PM

That is one beautiful guitar!
Old 09-20-2021, 03:01 PM
Charter Member

Very beautiful, that one could possibly turn me into an Eastman fan!
Old 09-20-2021, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

Wow PV, that's a beauty to add to your collection. Enjoy. Would love to hear that played!
Old 09-20-2021, 05:53 PM
Charter Member

I do believe this is a zombie thread, but since it's here, I just bought one of these myself and they are great guitars!
Old 09-20-2021, 07:08 PM
Charter Member

Love getting a bump on an NGD thread! First, thank you for all the kind replies. I've really become attached to this guitar, which continues to get better with time. baw3, congrats on ordering one -- I hope you enjoy it and much as I do!

For the others, esp. Glenn, these are well worth the wait, if you choose to order one. In pre-COVID days, it was a 3-4 month order period. But keep checking online, as new ones pop up once in a while.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion