The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-12-2021, 10:59 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
What a sweet little guy, Scott! Good for you and good for him to have you as a grandpa!

- Glenn
Glenn, thanks. Always great to hear from you. I've been meaning to get back over to Show & Tell and see what you're up to. Have you worked up any Prine recently? He's my huge fave.

Hairpuller: "Scrapper." I love it. You definitely caught his spirit. He's Mr. Personality, just like his daddy and grandpa. I get to see him later today, the highlight of my week. Can't wait.

All the best to both you find gents.

scott
Old 09-13-2021, 06:46 AM

Well, here's my granddaughter on her way to Senior Kindergarten (oxymoron much?). She is the sole girl in our "6-pack" of grands. She's 4, quirky, feisty, stubborn and smart (and cute as all get out ... but I'm biased). Anyway, she is off to school this morning and really looking forward to it. (My daughter kind of tamed her hair for the occasion as she always has that wild Robert Plant look in the coiffure department)

Old 09-13-2021, 02:10 PM
Charter Member

Daniel, you may be biased but you're right. What a cutie! And I love her determined look. I imagine that - as the only girl - she pretty much gets to tell everyone else what to do...?
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 09-13-2021, 02:25 PM

I am envious of such. I have no children, and at 68 not likely to. I wish I could have had that generational relationship. I never met any of my grandparents... except for my maternal grandmother who accidentally chopped off the top of my middle finger when I was 4. Do not remember her. I would have liked very much to have met my maternal grandfather as apparently I am a spitting image of him, and he was an interesting guy.

Enjoy that connection.

Celtic harps: 1994 Triplett Excelle, 1998 Triplett Avalon (the first ever made - Steve Triplett's personal prototype)
Old 09-13-2021, 03:17 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
Well, here's my granddaughter on her way to Senior Kindergarten (oxymoron much?). She is the sole girl in our "6-pack" of grands. She's 4, quirky, feisty, stubborn and smart (and cute as all get out ... but I'm biased). Anyway, she is off to school this morning and really looking forward to it. (My daughter kind of tamed her hair for the occasion as she always has that wild Robert Plant look in the coiffure department)

Daniel, the pic was so good, I'm posting it a second time. As the father of two daughters, this touches my heart. What a poised, curious woman in the making.

sm
Old 09-14-2021, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Daniel, you may be biased but you're right. What a cutie! And I love her determined look. I imagine that - as the only girl - she pretty much gets to tell everyone else what to do...?
Yeah, she’s very determined but not really the type to tell others what to do. OTOH don’t even try to tell her what to do. She knows her mind and I pity that poor sucker who tries something sideways in her later years…. That won’t end well (for him)!
Old 09-14-2021, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumei View Post
I am envious of such. I have no children, and at 68 not likely to. I wish I could have had that generational relationship. I never met any of my grandparents... except for my maternal grandmother who accidentally chopped off the top of my middle finger when I was 4. Do not remember her. I would have liked very much to have met my maternal grandfather as apparently I am a spitting image of him, and he was an interesting guy.

Enjoy that connection.
I am totally enjoying the connections and I have to say it’s all new to me too as I never knew any of my grandparents either. It does feel kind of strange in a way but my wife and I are kind of winging it. So far so good (I hope anyway).

PS you have a stellar line up of instruments that surely keeps you satisfied in other realms?
Old 09-14-2021, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Daniel, the pic was so good, I'm posting it a second time. As the father of two daughters, this touches my heart. What a poised, curious woman in the making.

sm
Oh, I hear you having had two awesome daughters too. Nothing like it. She does look poised in this pic. She’s not really the “poised” kind, though. She always wants to know everything about everything. And she talks non stop trying to reach that end as soon as she can. She is a brilliant woman in the making but I am sure there will be fierce fireworks in that household when she’s 14, 15 (as we keep “warning” our daughter… since we speak from experience). We just hope to be around when “our” little girl reaches womanhood. Fireworks or not.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:09 PM

My two grandsons, brothers from a different mother (my daughters). Popsicles on the beach in San Diego last weekend.

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Our grandson Max celebrated 15 months among us this month. Little dude has crushed my heart into little crumbs. Like falling in love again.

Please share pics of your grandchildren, and tell me a little about them.

All the Best,
Scott Memmer
Easily see the family resemblance here. They are fun, and, keep you young.

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:02 AM
AGF Sponsor

Fred, thanks for the comments and pics. Grandkids rule!

sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic