The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 09-15-2021, 02:23 PM
Alistair Hay's Avatar
Alistair Hay Alistair Hay is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
Is the neck shape different than an X20 neck?
Yes its a slimmer more electric feeling neck similar to the X10. Its a very comfortable neck profile
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-15-2021, 03:08 PM
kramster's Avatar
kramster kramster is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 5,925
Default

Cool!... just watched Justin Johnson play it... I watch a lot of his videos
__________________
YUP....
Emerald: X-20, Center hole X-10 (Maple) and X-7 (redwood), Copper Flame Maple X-30, Paduak X7,X10, &, Spalted Chen Chen X 10,
CA: Early OX and Cargo
Blackbird: Savoy
RainSong: CH-OM, CH-WS
Journey: OF660
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-15-2021, 03:31 PM
Tf Tf is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 198
Default

Nice!
The claro walnut model available has the exact same veneer as my future custom X20 tempting
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-15-2021, 04:19 PM
mountainmaster mountainmaster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 346
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Hay View Post
Oh and for those disappointed its not a Hyvibe guitar perhaps you should have a look at the 3D builder as we have now made Hyvibe an option across our range.
If you have any questions please leave them here for me and I will check back later if possible.
Thanks for all the support and Inspiration
Alistair
Nice. Thanks Alistair!

I notice that custom scale length is now also available in the builder.
It has a bug though. Custom scale length 24.5 is selected by default and it is impossible to have none of the custom scale lengths selected!

And a question: Why no plain vibrant weave without any color on top? My gold X20 wants a silver companion.
__________________
Emerald X30
Emerald X20 Nylon
Emerald X7 Nylon
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Taylor 522e 12-fret
Gitane DG-560 nylon
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Yamaha Guitalele

Last edited by mountainmaster; 09-15-2021 at 04:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-15-2021, 04:44 PM
David Eastwood's Avatar
David Eastwood David Eastwood is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
I notice that custom scale length is now also available in the builder.
It has a bug though. Custom scale length 24.5 is selected by default and it is impossible to have none of the custom scale lengths selected!
I noticed that too

A couple of other comments:

1) I like the diagrams showing bridge, 12th fret and nut positions for the custom scale lengths. The standard scale length really should be in there as well, for comparison, and as the zero extra cost option.
2) An X20 with a 27 scale is more expensive than an X20 Baritone - which has a 27 scale as standard. That seems a little odd, but Im probably missing something.

There maybe others, but given the enormous range of guitars and options that Emerald now offer, Im not surprised that one or two might have slipped through the cracks. And to think that folks were getting concerned, not so long ago, about the scaling back of customization
__________________
The artist formerly known as eatswodo
1963 Martin 0-16NY
2018 Emerald X20
2019 Emerald X20-7
2021 Emerald Amicus
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-15-2021, 04:48 PM
Alistair Hay's Avatar
Alistair Hay Alistair Hay is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
Nice. Thanks Alistair!

I notice that custom scale length is now also available in the builder.
It has a bug though. Custom scale length 24.5 is selected by default and it is impossible to have none of the custom scale lengths selected!

And a question: Why no plain vibrant weave without any color on top? My gold X20 wants a silver companion.
Yeah we have noticed this bug. The guys are working on it and should have it sorted soon.
With the resins we use there is always a little bit of a golden tint over the carbon so we prefer to add a colour rather than leave it natural silver. We have however done it and it looks good.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-15-2021, 04:57 PM
Alistair Hay's Avatar
Alistair Hay Alistair Hay is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
I noticed that too

A couple of other comments:

1) I like the diagrams showing bridge, 12th fret and nut positions for the custom scale lengths. The standard scale length really should be in there as well, for comparison, and as the zero extra cost option.
2) An X20 with a 27 scale is more expensive than an X20 Baritone - which has a 27 scale as standard. That seems a little odd, but Im probably missing something.

There maybe others, but given the enormous range of guitars and options that Emerald now offer, Im not surprised that one or two might have slipped through the cracks. And to think that folks were getting concerned, not so long ago, about the scaling back of customization
1) we are on that and I already instructed the designers to make that change earlier today.
2) Its essentially because we had a specific mould for a Baritone in the past but now build it custom off the new X20 platform. The Baritone price was just never increased when we changed it to a custom build. Ill have a look at that again.
Yeah its hard to get every little detail perfect but we try. I appreciate the feedback.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-15-2021, 05:05 PM
David Eastwood's Avatar
David Eastwood David Eastwood is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Hay View Post
1) we are on that and I already instructed the designers to make that change earlier today.
2) Its essentially because we had a specific mould for a Baritone in the past but now build it custom off the new X20 platform. The Baritone price was just never increased when we changed it to a custom build. Ill have a look at that again.
Yeah its hard to get every little detail perfect but we try. I appreciate the feedback.
Got it - I spent my working life working with software systems of one form or another, and know that its impossible to catch everything. Happy to help out - and its great to see you here
__________________
The artist formerly known as eatswodo
1963 Martin 0-16NY
2018 Emerald X20
2019 Emerald X20-7
2021 Emerald Amicus
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Thread Tools





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=