The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-19-2022, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Yep, certainly, and mostly that. But, at least for me, part of the attraction of my Emerald is that it sounds (and looks) different from my other guitars.
Well, there is that too
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 05-19-2022, 06:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
Certainly part of the core market. However, the attraction for me, living in Minnesota where it's very, very dry in the winter, is having a guitar I can leave on a stand all year long, and not have any concerns about. After going through a succession of unsatisfactory beaters over the years, it was a revelation to get my first CF guitar - and realize how little I used to play during the winter months. It hardly ever leaves the house, but when it does, I don't worry about it
Same here, but then same state. I put my wood guitars away for the winter and take them out in the spring. I thought seriously about not having wood guitars at all, but I still really enjoy them. Both have their place and winter is McPherson Sable time for me.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber