The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-10-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
The Bullet Strat is my best guitar. Played in the right hands it is a work of art. You can do anything on it. For 99 bucks in a pawn shop, it has survived many purges. Yeh, I know.... go figure....
My original plan, upon decided basically on the spur of the moment to give electric guitar player an(other) try, was to get a Squier Bullet Hardtail Strat that Guitar Center was selling for $180. I played it and really like it, at that price point I doubt I'd have done better.

But then I tried a couple guitars with a flatter-radius (14 inch?) fretboard and that kind of spoiled the whole Squier plan. I know it's a kind of minor thing but those curved fretboards just seem to make playing harder for me.
Singing the I've Wasted My Whole Life Blues
---Warren Malone "Whole Life Blues"
Old 02-10-2022, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hutto View Post
My original plan, upon decided basically on the spur of the moment to give electric guitar player an(other) try, was to get a Squier Bullet Hardtail Strat that Guitar Center was selling for $180. I played it and really like it, at that price point I doubt I'd have done better.

But then I tried a couple guitars with a flatter-radius (14 inch?) fretboard and that kind of spoiled the whole Squier plan. I know it's a kind of minor thing but those curved fretboards just seem to make playing harder for me.

It’s normal you prefer flat necks since acoustic guitars have relatively flat necks. In general, round necks makes the guitar feel more comfortable to play chords, especially barre chords. The downside of round necks is that you can “fret out” when playing leads and bending strings.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars