The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-21-2003, 11:39 PM

By far the best I've ever used is the Carvin Acoustic amp. It's a fantastic buy and can be used as a PA and also has a killer bass channel as well. Awesome. I use one every week as a Worship Leader. Check them out
http://www.carvin.com/cgi-bin/Isearch.exe?P1=AG
Old 01-22-2003, 06:24 AM

Just wanted to check and make sure we are all on the same page. The older model UltraSounds only had one channel. The 50 & 100 all have two channels.
Why did we only have one channel? When we first came to market our research told us that 90% of the players did not use the mic channel. We were 100% Corret and 100% Wrong! It is true that 90% of the players do not use the mic channel but people want the mic channel "just in case!" When we came to realize this we made the change.

We might always get it right but we do try and listen!

The Doc
Old 01-22-2003, 06:34 AM

Wink about amplifiers

As regards, the comment about current amplifier choices for acoustic guitars....

I'd be inclined to select an Ultrasound...It has the most transparent tone of all of the models...They now have a 200+ watt model, too..with plenty of headroom for dynamic performers.

Check out the Ultrasound website....The list of endorsees is quite extensive....Thom Bresh, Edgar Cruz, Ruben Romero, Wayne Wesley Johnson, Pat Kirtley, Jim Nichols, Marcos Loya, Michael O'Dorn, Eddie Pennington, and many more.

Regards, WWJ
Old 01-22-2003, 06:37 AM

Default Ultrasound Amp's website:

Here's the link for Ultrasound Amps

http://www.ultrasoundamps.com/index.html
Old 01-22-2003, 07:45 AM

Hey Doc, any chance you'll be adding an XLR jack to the guitar channel of the AG-50DS2 any time soon? Many people are considering upgrading to Taylor's new ES system, making this feature a must have.

I really want to buy one of these amps, but it's more important to me to be compatible with this new system.

M.

2020 PRS Silver Sky
2016 Suhr Classic Pro
2004 Petros Grand Concert
2001 Taylor 614CE LTD Tobaccoburst
Old 01-22-2003, 09:37 AM

Yes Doc, I'm sure you're well aware of Taylor's new system and all of the buzz going around on this forum. Having a low impedence XLR in on the guitar channel is going to be a major requirement for Taylor owners in a few months.

The other thing I'd love to see is a simple foot controller to turn the effects on and off. That would be sufficient but it would be even better if you could choose between just a few presets but now I think I'm getting carried away. A simple chorus on chorus off type of thing would be cool. I'd have no problem paying more money for these 2 options.

<>< Red ><>

814ce
USA Custom Strat (MY BABY! thanks Tommy)
PRS Singlecut (10-top with Paua birds)
Vox AD120
Ultrasound 50-DS?
Female Golden Retriever-Zoe
Male Golden Retriever-Rusty (aka Bad Bad Rusty Brown)
Old 01-22-2003, 10:08 AM

M & Red,

I am in the process of finding out about Taylor's new pickup and how it works. Unfortunately, I had a medical emergency (major surgery) and could not attend. Hopefully I will have all the details in the next few weeks and move forward from there.

Red, we are in another round of upgrades and I have placed your input in front of Greg and a "must discuss" item. i'll let you know what happens.

The Doc
Old 01-22-2003, 10:18 AM

I'm surprised no comment about Trace Elliott. I own a TR-50. I love the sound - it is extremely true! I 've never tried an Ultrasound because I have never seen them anywhere and couldn't find a dealer list on their website. Has anyone seen one?
1987 Martin D-28
American Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Villager 12 String
Old 01-22-2003, 11:23 AM

Thanks Doc! It's great how you support your customers by participating in forums like these. I'm pleased to hear that many companies used your amps at the NAMM show. It's about time someone stepped in and upped the level of quality. Please let me know what Greg any you deside about the foot switch. I'm an electric player and play my acoustics like one so I feel lost if I can't add some effects when I go into a solo.

Sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

<>< Red ><>

814ce
USA Custom Strat (MY BABY! thanks Tommy)
PRS Singlecut (10-top with Paua birds)
Vox AD120
Ultrasound 50-DS?
Female Golden Retriever-Zoe
Male Golden Retriever-Rusty (aka Bad Bad Rusty Brown)
Old 01-22-2003, 12:38 PM

Doc,

I second what my partner, Red said. I was already impressed with the reviews of your amps on this forum. The fact that you interact here shows that you care about what your customers want.

Get well soon!

M.

2020 PRS Silver Sky
2016 Suhr Classic Pro
2004 Petros Grand Concert
2001 Taylor 614CE LTD Tobaccoburst
Old 01-22-2003, 02:30 PM

Afternoon Guys,

Appreciate the wishes and Greg is getting in contact with those that he needs to to find out what is going on.. Forums are how we monitor what is going on in terms of our performance and, more importantly what we need to consider. And, it is a wonderful place to hangout. The wit and humor are unsurpassed.

Just a lurker and occassional poster.

The Doc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification