The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-15-2022, 04:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyld View Post
Looking much better with new headstock logo. Though I still think the headstock looks a full 1-2" too long.

The swoosh is fine, but I'd much prefer the fretboard ring-dots--more useful and upscale-looking.

Outside the cantilevered neck, I don't like its design flairs (quirks): long headstock, long asymmetrical bridge, plastic-trimmed kidney bean soundhole...

I'd love to see it given a traditional soundhole (what, then they'd sell too many?), or at least no plastic trim.
And I guess it's on purpose that the soundhole radius doesn't quite match the waist radius, but it kills me.

Would like to see the textured back/sides replaced with smooth satin like the neck.
I'm still not sure I can accept injection molded back/sides/neck at this price.

Guess it's still not for me.
A few changes, and I'd be tempted. But I'm not holding my breath.
After those comments, I’d love to hear your thoughts about Emerald’s designs
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 04-15-2022, 04:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyld View Post
Looking much better with new headstock logo. Though I still think the headstock looks a full 1-2" too long.

The swoosh is fine, but I'd much prefer the fretboard ring-dots--more useful and upscale-looking.

Outside the cantilevered neck, I don't like its design flairs (quirks): long headstock, long asymmetrical bridge, plastic-trimmed kidney bean soundhole...

I'd love to see it given a traditional soundhole (what, then they'd sell too many?), or at least no plastic trim.
And I guess it's on purpose that the soundhole radius doesn't quite match the waist radius, but it kills me.

Would like to see the textured back/sides replaced with smooth satin like the neck.
I'm still not sure I can accept injection molded back/sides/neck at this price.

Guess it's still not for me.
A few changes, and I'd be tempted. But I'm not holding my breath.
I'm going to assume you don't care much for the wood ones either? Since the Sable is pretty much a copy of one of the wood models? Which is fine really, it would be pretty boring if we all had the same tastes. :-)
Old 04-15-2022, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
After those comments, I’d love to hear your thoughts about Emerald’s designs
I have notes.

But I generally think Alistair has developed into a design genius, and many of his recent designs especially are works of modern art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinaz View Post
I'm going to assume you don't care much for the wood ones either? Since the Sable is pretty much a copy of one of the wood models?
I think the wood ones look considerably better--wood binding on the soundhole rather than plastic piping, shorter headstock, no textured, molded back/sides...
Still don't like the bridge shape, or the kidney bean soundhole or its placement/ radius. Like the pricetag even less.

Last edited by tommyld; 04-15-2022 at 08:47 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber