The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-22-2015, 12:07 AM

Funny...I just happened to be poking about on Reverb.com and found these:

https://reverb.com/item/476178-fende...ers-set-chrome

...just in case you want to restore your Thinline with original Fender pups. Not a bad deal, too!
Taylor 412K ('96)
Yamaha LL16-12 (SOLD)
PRS 'Studio' (SOLD)
Rickenbacker 660-12 (SOLD)
Fender USA Deluxe Strat
Fender USA Roadhouse Strat
Fender MIM/USA Partscaster
Fender MIM Nashville Tele
Kelsey Custom Hardtail Strat
Fender MIM P-Bass
Old 03-22-2015, 12:10 AM

Thanks for sharing, Max. Altho I think these are from a reissued model so not the same as original Fender Wide Range p/us. Could be wrong.

Ain't Nobody's Business:
https://soundcloud.com/vern-equinox/...usiness-but-my
Old 03-31-2015, 04:30 PM

Default Learned more about 70s-era Bill Lawrence L-90s

For one of my questions, from the Tele Guitar Forum (TDPRI.com) and other sources, I can add a bit more:

Apparently, Lawrence designed the L-90 in 1968 and eventually began producing them in 1976. For this early production run, his Alnico 5 twin blade system was set in a rough (granular?) plastic surface with the name Lawrence in cursive lettering set lengthwise across the middle. According to one of Becky Lawrence's TDPRI posts, "When Bill released them in 1976 at his Nashville, TN company Lawrence Sound Research, there were two choices - a black cover version which is our current 4 Henry (measure of inductance) option and a cream cover version which is 6 Henry. The cream cover L-90 6 Henry was labeled then as the L-90XL." So I think the cream-colored pickups on my Thinline are L-90XLs. If anyone has better info/knowledge, please chime in. Am happy to be wrong, happy to get it right.

The shop where I've got the guitar on layaway is going to do a setup, clean the electronics, etc. so I've also asked them to pull the p/us and take a few pics. Hopefully this will reveal more info, maybe confirm what I know so far.

Ain't Nobody's Business:
https://soundcloud.com/vern-equinox/...usiness-but-my

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars