The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 06-13-2015, 12:14 PM

Default Tascam DP-008EX Track Mute

Hi Again to all,
I guess I must have upset some people by my last post. If I did I'm sorry about that. Didn't mean to offend anyone in any way. I admit I'm having the problem understanding things on this unit. Not the machines fault the user! I'm just trying to get it to work
That said is there anyone that might be able to explain the function of ,and why you would use the TRACK MUTE ?
I have read through this section of the manual and I'm having trouble understanding why you would need to mute a track that has nothing on it. Or do you use the mute to silence tracks that have material recorded that you don't want on the master track? I would think if you turn the track volume down on that channel it would do the same thing. I believe on the "old school mixers the track mute buttons gave you a chance to shut off individual tracks quickly to monitor just one or two tracks during the mix down process. On this unit pressing the two buttons and selecting the tracks to mute takes a while to complete. any help on understanding this would be appreciated.
I'm really hoping to try a stereo mix of my Ovation plugged directly into channel 1 (A) and using a external mic (a Rode NT1a?) on the other channel to mic the guitar . That"s the weekend project to try and learn the recorder better. I'm also going to try some live recordings using the two internal mics recording a friend on an acoustic Can anyone give any tips on mic settings (low or high) and distance to place the recorder from the guitarist when doing part 2 of this project?. If I can make it through the complete process and put it on the computer then I'm going to try and record some of the students.

Thanks in advance
dad roadie
Old 06-14-2015, 05:29 AM

Hey I don't think you offended anybody on here. It's just probably a case that nobody who knows the Tascam DP-008EX has read this thread.

I would help you if I could but I record on a computer these days.
Have you tried Youtube for any tutorials?

Good luck anyway.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 06-14-2015, 12:24 PM

Try posting in the Home Recording Forum ... Tascam User Forum section.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD