The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-27-2015, 11:51 AM

Default German Rubio 1AB Worth?

So back in 2000 I bought a brand new GR classical from Guitar Salon. I paid $2600 for it. The top is Sitka Spruce and Back and sides are Indian rosewood. The guitar is in Very Good shape. It has seen very little use. Just wondering if anyone would know what a good price would be if I was interested in selling it. Thanks
Old 03-27-2015, 12:39 PM

I guess the main question to research is how does your guitar model (which I believe he no longer uses that model #) compare to his estudio line.

The estudio line retails everywhere for $2400

if you guitar is on par with that, given it's age, then I think you can reasonably look to get close to $1300-1500

However, if the model you have is comparable to one of his better current models, than you should expect to sell it for more

His is a well known and highly respected luthier and his guitars hold value better than most as a result.

give his workshop a call, I believe they are located in LA and they will be able to tell you about your model # and where it compares in their line up today.

good luck

Steve
Old 03-27-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSteve View Post
I guess the main question to research is how does your guitar model (which I believe he no longer uses that model #) compare to his estudio line.

The estudio line retails everywhere for $2400

if you guitar is on par with that, given it's age, then I think you can reasonably look to get close to $1300-1500

However, if the model you have is comparable to one of his better current models, than you should expect to sell it for more

His is a well known and highly respected luthier and his guitars hold value better than most as a result.

give his workshop a call, I believe they are located in LA and they will be able to tell you about your model # and where it compares in their line up today.

good luck

Steve
Thanks Steve, yeah when I spoke to him back in 2000 (in my bad broken Spanish) he said this was his entry level concert instrument. I will just reach out to him again. Thanks for the heads up..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical