The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Old 09-24-2020, 02:04 PM
Charter Member

Talking 2009 G-STRING CUSTOM CONCERT UKULELE

Took me a few years to find this and can’t believe I have to let it go but circumstances force a sale. If you’ve ever owned a G String Classic from the islands you know the quality of these very difficult to find instruments. And to top it off, this one has Master Level Koa and can be described as a Custom! The prior owners thoughts below, price is firm and buyer to pay shipping and any fees. Don’t wait too long, check out the prices on the new G String Customs and you’ll see this is a great buy!
Price is $1495 with buyer paying any shipping or fees.
Email for pics. Blessings and Mahalo!!!!

About This Listing Serial number 20119. According to a thread on ukulele underground the first two numbers indicate the number of the unit made, followed by the month and the year. So, it appears that this was the 20th instrument made in November of 2009 We emailed G-String and here is what Derek Shimizu said, "that grade of koa would be premium/master grade stuff by today's standards. I wouldn't use that koa on anything under $3k retail value today." A very rare ukulele not often found and it is in near mint condition.
Specifications: Ultra flamed Koa top, back and sides with Natural Original Finish Rosewood Fretboard and artistically carved Bridge 1-15/32" nut Top bound with faux tortoise shell binding Abalone Rosette inlay around sound hole. Abalone Inlay Logo on Headstock 19 fret fingerboard with T-frets Small abalone dot inlays at 5th, 7th and 10th fret positions 16" Scale Overall Length 24.5" Width: 8.25" Original grover open tuners Uke Crazy Case Condition:

This instrument is just, well, simply spectacular. It has been gently played but I listed it as mint because I honestly cannot find any faults with this beauty. The flaming on the Koa is breathtaking as are the faux tortoise shell binding and abalone rosette and inlaid logo. Visual inspection: No warping is present, braces are secure and the neck is straight. Tapping Inspection: instrument resonates nicely and evenly with no sharp noises from loose braces present. Playability: As you'd expect, a nice vibrant tone that resonates nicely. Great action. For me the instrument is playing just as you'd expect a custom Hawaiian built Ukulele to perform: a warm responsive, robust sound that is bright and clear. Suitable for collector, professional player or dedicated passionate strummer/picker
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4EDD0B96-05C9-40C2-A851-949752CB3CAA.jpg (31.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 89F9C294-17EC-4B7E-BBCC-21013161CCEF.jpg (37.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 0F1169BD-85E8-42BD-B004-2055E595761B.jpg (38.9 KB, 56 views)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other