The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-18-2020, 09:57 AM

Default ¡¡¡NGD!!! Rainsong WS1000N2 Marine Burst

After a ton of research and shopping I finally made a decision and received my new Rainsong.

I received it at the office yesterday so I really only had time to open it, strum a few chords and make sure it had no damage. At first glance I was a little concerned that the neck would take some getting used to....it felt a bit fatter than what I am used to.

Once I got it home, I really got to dig in and man oh man....I am so happy with this guitar. The fit and finish is amazing, you can see yourself in the finish of the paint job. The abalone inlay is so nicely done that you can’t even feel it if you close your eyes. The tuners are amazingly smooth, the wiring inside is neatly done...it’s really nicely done.

I tuned it up and never had to touch it again the rest of the night but I did keep checking. When you strum a big chord like an E....it not only hangs on forever but you can feel the vibration from the guitar in your body. My wife and kids, who listen to me hack away nightly, said they love the sound as much as they love my custom shop hummingbird. I can’t wait to get home to play it tonight!!

My only complaint is the case...it comes in a REALY nice case but the top doesn’t close perfectly. I’m going to try and mess with it and see if I can adjust it...I REALY don’t want to have to send it back.

Big thanks to Jim at Blue Angel Music in Florida...they were fantastic to deal with, sold it to me at a phenomenal price and did everything exactly like they said they would. Highly recommend him and his crew.

-------THE FLEET-------
2014 Martin GPCPA5 (1st guitar, bought 12-24-2014)
2014 Martin D15M
1967 Framus Classical
2015 Epiphone DR-100
1989 Squire Telecaster
2010 Fender USA Strat
2015 Reverend 6-Gun
2016 Tom Anderson Drop Top-T
2016 Gibson Hummingbird, Ebony Finish

Vox AC10, Fender Mustang II

Good Golf, Good Tennis, or Whatever You Like To Q!
Old 09-18-2020, 10:10 AM

Congrats on your new RainSong, and we didn't even have to harass you with any "pics or it didn't happen" comments!

The last shot with the sharks....one has an eye right in the appropriate place. How cool is that?
Old 09-18-2020, 10:27 AM

Wow! That's a cool color and finish. Well done. I hope it plays and sounds and good!
Old 09-18-2020, 11:10 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations! Beautiful guitar! I love my RainSong. The quality of sound is so pleasant, and it really grows on you. Not needing to worry about heat and humidity is such a plus, too.
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 09-18-2020, 11:43 AM
Guest 928

Good decision-making. With my marine-burst parlor the fat neck was, at first, sort of off-putting. However it didn't take long for me to adapt and end up liking the neck. Enjoy!
Old 09-18-2020, 12:00 PM

Congrata! Those are nice guitars. My WS-1000 was a favorite for many years, and was the "grab on the way out the door if the house is on fire" guitar. Mine is from 2001 and is plain black CF weave, but the marine burst is nice too. If the only issue is the case, see if your dealer will swap that out. Don't send the whole guitar back over an unrelated problem.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Congrata! Those are nice guitars. My WS-1000 was a favorite for many years, and was the "grab on the way out the door if the house is on fire" guitar. Mine is from 2001 and is plain black CF weave, but the marine burst is nice too. If the only issue is the case, see if your dealer will swap that out. Don't send the whole guitar back over an unrelated problem.
I should have specified, I was talking about the case....Im not letting the guitar out of my sight!!! haha

-------THE FLEET-------
2014 Martin GPCPA5 (1st guitar, bought 12-24-2014)
2014 Martin D15M
1967 Framus Classical
2015 Epiphone DR-100
1989 Squire Telecaster
2010 Fender USA Strat
2015 Reverend 6-Gun
2016 Tom Anderson Drop Top-T
2016 Gibson Hummingbird, Ebony Finish

Vox AC10, Fender Mustang II

Good Golf, Good Tennis, or Whatever You Like To Q!
Old 09-18-2020, 12:18 PM

I figured as much...... just making the suggestion. When your fingers get too sore from playing, call your dealer and get a new case on the way.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

That looks nice! Great color. Enjoy your new guitar.
Martin J-40 Adi custom 2018
Martin OM-28 Adi Gruhn Special
McPherson Sable
Fender American Professional II Telecaster
Fender American Professional II Stratocaster
Northfield Big Mon Engleman top
Northfield Big Mon Adirondack top
Companion custom woody banjo
Fender '68 custom Vibro Champ Reverb amp
Old 09-18-2020, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful ! The last RS I purchased 4 years ago had the same issue with the case. I don't use the hard case, so it was no big deal, but you would have thought they would have addressed it by now.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:11 PM

Absolutely stunning! Congrats, Sir.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:38 PM
Guest 928

Jd;

Maybe they did work it out and sent Freed your case?
Old 09-18-2020, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Jd;

Maybe they did work it out and sent Freed your case?
Now that made me laugh. Stranger things have happened.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedbaby View Post
After a ton of research and shopping I finally made a decision and received my new Rainsong.

I received it at the office yesterday so I really only had time to open it, strum a few chords and make sure it had no damage. At first glance I was a little concerned that the neck would take some getting used to....it felt a bit fatter than what I am used to.

Once I got it home, I really got to dig in and man oh man....I am so happy with this guitar. The fit and finish is amazing, you can see yourself in the finish of the paint job. The abalone inlay is so nicely done that you can’t even feel it if you close your eyes. The tuners are amazingly smooth, the wiring inside is neatly done...it’s really nicely done.

I tuned it up and never had to touch it again the rest of the night but I did keep checking. When you strum a big chord like an E....it not only hangs on forever but you can feel the vibration from the guitar in your body. My wife and kids, who listen to me hack away nightly, said they love the sound as much as they love my custom shop hummingbird. I can’t wait to get home to play it tonight!!

My only complaint is the case...it comes in a REALY nice case but the top doesn’t close perfectly. I’m going to try and mess with it and see if I can adjust it...I REALY don’t want to have to send it back.

Big thanks to Jim at Blue Angel Music in Florida...they were fantastic to deal with, sold it to me at a phenomenal price and did everything exactly like they said they would. Highly recommend him and his crew.

Welcome to the club. I have the same guitar and absolutely love it. Not the same colour...just the regular black version...That blue is very eye catching for sure!

Enjoy! I know you will.
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 09-18-2020, 08:19 PM

Congrats!!!! I have 2 CO-WS1000N2, one in black and one in copper- these 2 guitars are my workhorses and my go-to guitars for performance. They do everything my fingers and ears expect up and down the neck! What is interesting is that you'd think they might sound identical but there are differences between the 2 that keeps them interesting. My 2018 copper is remarkably warm compared to my 2010 black which is more piano-like.

I'm excited about trying/buying a 1005 with the offset soundhole. I would think it would help with volume for the player and might have a different soundboard resonance. One of my adjustments going from wood to a Rainsong was the somewhat lower volume directed up to the player, though the volume towards audience was actually greater.

Enjoy your guitar in good health, the great thing about these Rainsongs and carbon fiber in general is that they will be great instruments for us and potentially our children's children, so they are a great investment.
Martin OM-35

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber