The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 03-11-2020, 09:50 PM

Default Julian Lage in Memphis

I had a real treat tonight. Julian Lage and Dave King performed in a very small venue (about 120 or so) in Memphis. I found out about it at the last minute, still managed to get a ticket, and there was no bad seat. Acoustics were great.
He is really something. And, I was not familiar with Dave King, but that man can play drums in ways I just do not understand. Amazing.
The music Lage plays is not something I listen to everyday, but when I saw he was here, I felt I needed to take advantage of the opportunity - hand sanitizer and all.
As I sat there and soaked it in, I thought how enjoyable it is to be listening to a piece of music that is constructed in a way I do not understand, but I just keep hanging in there, and then, bam, it just jumps into my head and soul and I "get" it, at least for a few beats.
Really, really fun.
A pix of his guitar and amp just before he started. It was a really small venue. Apparently their Asian tour was cancelled and they were moving around playing various venues they were able to schedule at the last minute. Lucky for me.
Jlage - 1.jpg
'66 Gibson J-200, '55 J50, JB Model 1; Martin M-36; Micheletti Osprey Rigid Rim; Collings OM2H, GR Bear OM C; Emerald X10 Slimline; Gretsch HOF Country Gent & G6120CMHOF; Gibson ES-165; CP Thornton Improv; Veillette Flyer 14 & Lyric; Anderson Crowdster++ ....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN