The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-21-2020, 08:57 PM
AGF Sponsor

Dallas had a disastrous first period going down by 3 goals. Had a chance late to send it to OT, but Tampa prevails.

Series 1-1.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 09-23-2020, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Is it just me, or did anyone else think in game 1 that it was a bonehead move by the Lightning at the end of period 2, down 2-1, to do a shift change with 37 seconds left and at their blue line? I mean, to me, seems like you either push forward to try for the tying goal or push in to the corner and kill the clock. Instead, the player tips it at the blue line and turns toward the bench. Dallas pushes back up ice and next thing you know it is 3-1 headed to the locker room - pretty much game over at that point! Your thoughts?
Old 09-23-2020, 01:25 PM

What are your thoughts on the trophy winners? Seemed cut and dry with no upsets, although McKinnon could have been the Lester B. Pearson winner ... err, I mean the Ted Lindsay winner.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak2525 View Post
Is it just me, or did anyone else think in game 1 that it was a bonehead move by the Lightning at the end of period 2, down 2-1, to do a shift change with 37 seconds left and at their blue line? I mean, to me, seems like you either push forward to try for the tying goal or push in to the corner and kill the clock. Instead, the player tips it at the blue line and turns toward the bench. Dallas pushes back up ice and next thing you know it is 3-1 headed to the locker room - pretty much game over at that point! Your thoughts?
Mike, Good thought. I don't know how long they were on the ice for, so hard to say, but your thinking sounds correct. I thought they had several "too many men" the the previous series which is the coach's fault.
But, you're in the finals and I'm not! Good luck tonight.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Mike, Good thought. I don't know how long they were on the ice for, so hard to say, but your thinking sounds correct. I thought they had several "too many men" the the previous series which is the coach's fault.
But, you're in the finals and I'm not! Good luck tonight.
Thanks, Larry! Yeah, they did sneak a few past the refs. My thought about the line shift is they just didn't seem to be aware of the game clock. Figure even if they are tired, the 30 seconds isn't going to make or break them right before the intermission - dump it in the corner and kill the clock or press forward with the offensive blue line pass and try to generate a scoring opportunity. That little dink was costly, but with that being said, Dallas probably wins game 1 anyway, because their goalie played lights out in the third - nothing was getting by him!

Looks like we are all in for a good entertaining series!
Old 09-23-2020, 08:58 PM
AGF Sponsor

Dallas blown away tonight. Looked like we had intensity early but couldn’t capitalize. Tampa up 2-1 in series.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
Dallas blown away tonight. Looked like we had intensity early but couldn’t capitalize. Tampa up 2-1 in series.
Do you think Stamkos will make an appearance? Guessing if he does he'll only be 50% anyway but I'd like to see him on the ice for that final game, win or lose, just so that he can experience it.

EDIT: Looks like Stamkos played last night and scored! He only played 2:47 but so glad he made it to the game.

Last edited by Dru Edwards; 09-24-2020 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:24 PM

Default Canadian Anthem

What's better than Sara McLachlan than singing the Canadian National Anthem to kick off game 4?. Loved the U.S. Anthem as well. Great open for the NHL!
Old 09-25-2020, 09:00 PM
AGF Sponsor

Going into OT in game 4 tied 4-4 while playing 4 on 4. As a Stars fan, I can say we’re lucky because the ref called embellishment on Tampa Bay (there wasn’t) when our player hooked the guy’s crotch. Oh well. Time to win it with the break.

Edit: Tampa got a bad call go their way in OT and win on the power play. Stars down 3-1 in series.

Last edited by nacluth; 09-25-2020 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Going into OT in game 4 tied 4-4 while playing 4 on 4. As a Stars fan, I can say we’re lucky because the ref called embellishment on Tampa Bay (there wasn’t) when our player hooked the guy’s crotch. Oh well. Time to win it with the break.

Edit: Tampa got a bad call go their way in OT and win on the power play. Stars down 3-1 in series.
Yeah, hate to see either team win or lose that way. Refs did not have a good night all the way around and became part of the outcome. Besides the two you mentioned, they missed at least one high stick on Dallas and one holding on Tampa earlier in the game as well.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:59 AM

Quote:

Tampa seems to be getting the benefit of the calls in the finals. Game 2 was ridiculous. Someone should be up for an academy award for some of those performances.

That call in overtime last night was really a bad look for the officiating.

Dallas has had their chances, but their power play is not getting them a lot of looks. Tampa isn't giving them much room, and they had very good penalty killing.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:17 AM

Yes, backs against the wall, but it's been done before!
Old 09-26-2020, 12:06 PM

Stamkos ruled out for the next game, which could be the Cup final. I wish he had an opportunity to dress.
Old 09-26-2020, 08:42 PM
AGF Sponsor

Tampa was 7 minutes from hoisting the cup, but Dallas is still fighting. OT for the second game in a row.

Old 09-26-2020, 08:50 PM

Seatbelt is on! Look out for Pavelski!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic