The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 09-25-2020, 05:53 PM

Default New Resonator Guitar Day

I've always wanted a round neck resonator guitar. A few years ago I was given a 1934 Regal resonator mandolin that needed some attention. I cleaned it up, set it up and strung it up and just love the tone! So that made me really want a spider bridge resonator guitar.

I don't live near any music stores selling anything but entry level instruments, so I did a lot of searching on line. I decided on the Gold Tone Paul Beard signature model. It just arrived today. I worked with the sales rep and they set it up to my specs with 13's, a passive pickup and even marked the neck heel (with low tack blue tape) for where to drill the pilot hole for a strap button.

Plays easily, sounds great. Single notes are clear, like a bell. Plenty loud, even when finger picking. I think its a keeper.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:10 PM

Default New Resonator Guitar Day

No pics so I’m not sure we can believe you [emoji23]

Joking - I actually really want a resonator
Old 09-25-2020, 06:13 PM
Charter Member

Hey, that's great, MB. Congratulations. I've always had a lot of fun playing resonators. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:46 AM

Sweet. Nice to hear that someone understands that you can do more than just play slide on a resonator. They can bring a whole different tonal palette to your playing.

Enjoy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments