The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-03-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akousticplyr View Post
I just noticed some thing else peculiar about this IR pedal (perhaps all of them?) in a pedal chain.

I have a Harmony GXT after the Optima Air and have been hearing a lot of subtle or wobbly off-key vocal harmonies (that I’ve otherwise never had issues with for the past 9 years or so with this pedal.)

I’m wondering if and/or how much an IR pedal can affect the guitar signal being sent to any of the commonly used vocal harmony pedals? Or even POG/ Sub n’ Up type octave pedals? I think it might be significant.

Anyone experience something similar with their IR pedal chains?

Perhaps this is worth testing with harmony, etc pedals that use guitar signals to generate a musical key?

Or maybe the IR pedal should always be at the END of the signal chain...? That would solve the awkward XLR output placement on the left side of the pedal. Hmm. But this defeats its purpose of being a DI, no? Especially for passive pickups.

An enigma wrapped in a riddle.
If you look at my channel my last concert stream with tens OMJM was using a lot of IR with a Fishman Matrix and the harmonies acted as expected.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
If you look at my channel my last concert stream with tens OMJM was using a lot of IR with a Fishman Matrix and the harmonies acted as expected.

Thanks Aaron. Always a pleasure listening to your material. I figured it wasn't the pedal or the IR but it was probably me. Haha
06 Taylor Koa T5
09 Takamine 12 string
11 Taylor NS24ce-LTD
13 Gibson Les Paul Standard
14 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
16 Taylor 524ce Mahogany
16 Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
17 PRS SE Custom 24
23 Taylor GS Mini Walnut LTD

---------------------

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification