The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-04-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Do ACID loops work on Pro Tools?

Before I buy some ACID LOOPS, has anyone used them on Pro Tools? If so, how'd they do?

Thanks.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:29 PM

Do Acid Loops work on Pro-Tools? Hmmm........

Well, I guess I need you to clarify exactly what you're asking here. Are you buying a CD of only loops? Or are you purchasing the Acid Software along with a supplied library of loops?

Either way, even if you're only purchasing loops...you can find free versions of Acid 2.0 that will allow you to create what you want to create with the loops. Drum tracks for example, using Acid Loops.

If you're using Acid software, you can export the finished 'loop-project' as a wav file and presumably import that into Pro-Tools.

What I don't know is if Pro-Tools has the capability to build music projects using loops.

I will say this. I have used Acid Pro and Acid loops many times, and imported them into my Hard-Disc Recorder....and then overdubbed my own playing around them. Loops can be a lot of fun to work with. Creating drum tracks for example, is a piece of cake using loops.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell