The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-15-2005, 08:34 AM

Default Anyone else here get to study under Jack Peterson?

Jack Peterson started the guitar programs at Berkley and North Texas. I studied improvistion and chord solo arranging with him and also took his intense 1 year master class. Since Jack has taught so many guitarists over the years, I was curious if anyone else here ever studied with him.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:50 AM

I was a French horn major at North Texas. Though I never took lessons from him I do believe I remember playing with him. I was at North Texas during some great years in the late 1970s. I played with several of his students and they were mighty good.
Michael
Old 08-15-2005, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
I was at North Texas during some great years in the late 1970s.
I was there from '78 - '83. did you ever listen to Brave Combo, Swantz LeFantz, The Gutter Genies, The Geniouses? There was a lot of great live music going on in Denton back in those times. I can remember the Fablulous Thunderbirds playing at The Sandwich Break, which may have held 60 people tops. I was paying the bills playing fiddle and lap steel in a country band during those years, but I loved all the eclectic stuff. I studed classical guitar there as well and got into the legit music - used to go to all the performances I had time to catch - I probably heard you playing at some point. I lived in Bruce Hall for a year which was quite the experience. Met my wife in Voortman's bookstore.

Last edited by 815C; 08-15-2005 at 12:42 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell