The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-08-2022, 05:07 PM

Probably you should know better then any of us . What is your market ,it’s no use having the best amp in the world in your showroom if nobody buys them. People are funny Fishman has become the go to acoustic amp with a few others. Schertler needs to spend some money on marketing . I live near Houston and have never seen one. Tons of Fishman and Bose . I am the only guy still using Carvin my Carvin has never had a problem . The old Carvin company had good stuff but went the way of the DoDo bird.
Old 08-09-2022, 04:51 AM

Don't overlook Genzler.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbound View Post
(I sold a complete Fishman rig for an Acus One 8 MK2)
How did that work out for you? For live use I mean? I've experimented with many solo/duo acoustic set ups and painfully regretted selling my 330. There are other choices that sound better in my studio (Genzler AApro), but in a live situation for multiple reasons...how "amps" react to different rooms and handle higher volumes...I couldn't re-purchase the 330 fast enough.

Online, in any head to head comparison the Acus sounds tops for what my ear wants to hear...but live, on a pole, how do you adjust levels with all knobs on top? Does it cut through another musician or two? Are vocals/guitar good at gig volumes? (I know what's important to me in a live situation is going to be different for you...again, asking because the Acus sounds amazing to me but I cannot find one to try. Lil off topic...apologize)
Old 08-09-2022, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

I’d agree that the Schertlers are great sounding - but would also add the concern that service on them is not easy. My experience is from a few years ago, so hopefully they’ve improved in that area, but it’s the one thing I’d seriously look into.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
I’d agree that the Schertlers are great sounding - but would also add the concern that service on them is not easy. My experience is from a few years ago, so hopefully they’ve improved in that area, but it’s the one thing I’d seriously look into.
They have improved, I have had them send a mixer assembly for mine and a speaker. Someone spilled a drink into my Jam 400 mixer assembly so it was no fault of Schertlers, and I blew up the speaker by doing crazy loud stuff with the JAM. Communication with Schertler was good (light years ahead of ACUS). But I have never needed service where I had to ship my amp so I can't comment on that. I know they have a service center in California.
Old 08-09-2022, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

My understanding is Schertler makes a great amp, but very pricey.

Presumably Schertler bought the Italian company SR Technology. They used to market their own line of amps with the same basic design. The RA400 was endorsed by Bob Brozman and was voiced for resophonic instruments.

I like the fact that they have a built in mixer. Sometimes 2 channels just isn't enough.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification