The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-18-2001, 02:24 PM

Post Acoustic Bass Guitar recommendations?

I'm considering purchase of an acoustic-electric bass. Since I'm not, and don't expect to become, a really fine bassist, but only intend to use it for home recording, I don't want to spend a fortune on it. Anyone have any recommendations?
Old 04-29-2001, 05:20 AM

Ideally I would suggest the Taylor Acoustic basses. They are the best. However, since you are perhaps not looking for something that expensive, the Tacoma Chief is a very god choice. Costs less than a thousand bucks, but still plays very wekk, and sounds very good too, both amplified as well as unplugged.
Old 05-04-2001, 12:58 AM

There's a Larrivee acoustic bass on ebay right now.
Old 05-15-2001, 02:48 PM

I really like the sound of the Martin acoustic bass. It has a nice big woody sound to it, and has the thunk of an upright. It does not have the boxy or small sound characteristic of inexpensive acoustic basses.

You might not even want to bother with getting electronics if you're using it for recording. Just mic it.

Ken

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification