The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-07-2022, 12:34 PM
Charter Member

Default J35 Owners!! Amplify My J35 1936 Reissue

Hi, Folks...

I am constantly seeking the perfect amplified sound that I cannot define.

To that end, I have been in crisis for months over my 2014 Gibson J35 1936 Reissue pickup system. I love this guitar, GREAT player with the classic shorter Gibby scale, and a really loud and sustaining sound.... 100% one of the nicest fingerstyle guitars I've played or owned -- but I have to negotiate with its flipping VT Element pickup every time I plug in.... Kind of trebly, not quite the sound I m after.

I've also tried all kinds of strings, and I like the D'Addario NB's, EJ16's and recently put some Thomastik Spectums on it. These strings all sound very nice in their own ways, but I think there's still something missing - a fullness, or a lower end tremble, or something I need....

Anyway, those of you who are J35 Reissue owners -- how do you handle your plugged-in life with this guitar? Did you folks swap out the Element? If so, replacements or suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by brancher; 08-07-2022 at 12:35 PM. Reason: typo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification