The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-31-2001, 12:42 PM

Post Baby - new guitar, old topic

Well, i'm sure this has been covered ad naseum in this forum, but it's new for me. Walked into my favorite Taylor dealer the other day to buy a slide (got this bug now to try to learn to play slide..just what i need, another project) and the owner said "hey great you came in. we were just talking about you.. wanted to give you something to show you how much we appreciate your business..." and they said to pick out any Baby Taylor I wanted. How nice of them! So, I snagged a BT made from babinga (spelled right?) wood. Very nice grain. fun to play. not a bad guitar at all considering. Of course, i suggested that they give me a 614... but they laughed and said "have a BT". anyway, what's everyone else's experience with the BT's?
Old 03-31-2001, 03:17 PM

Cool

Holy Cow!

I've bought several axes from my fav shop and sent quite a bit of business their way. Now, they do call me when they get unusual and special instruments to play, hoping that I'll drop some more cash on them, but never have they offered to give me a guitar.
Nice shop. How many Taylors did you have to buy to get that kind of treatment?
Old 04-19-2001, 05:28 PM

I just got a new Baby through Harmony Central classifieds to keep in my office, travel, etc. Still not sure how I feel about it yet. Haven't spent too much time with it. Liked the sound of the Big Baby better, but then you're almost getting a full size guitar. Having a little trouble keeping it in tune, too, but I think it takes getting used to. Plus, it's not fair to compare it to my 410, either. Different guitar, different purpose.

Jay

Gibson J45 1942 Banner Reissue Custom Shop
Gibson Advanced Jumbo Custom Shop
Martin HD-28
Martin OM-28
Martin 00-15M
Fender Tele Highway One Reissue
Fender Jazz Bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification