The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-15-2018, 12:10 PM

Default Wait Times: Emerald Guitars

Just curious, does it actually take 4-5 months to get a Artisan X20, or is sometimes earlier. Its been 4 days . . .
Old 10-15-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren01 View Post
Just curious, does it actually take 4-5 months to get a Artisan X20, or is sometimes earlier. Its been 4 days . . .
4 whole days?? How can you stand it?
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-15-2018, 12:40 PM

Build time is 4-5 months. Shipping time is typically 7-9 days, unless you are Captain Jim with his one time only record-setting four day delivery time, when all the stars aligned. One of mine spent an extra day at US Customs in New York because of a federal holiday.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:43 PM

I know. I've run out of youtube video reviews as well.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Charter Member

Haha, the first couple of the weeks were the worst for me (so far). I ordered on July 19, and Kevin told me last week it should be done in late November. At least I am going downhill now...hang in there.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 10-15-2018, 01:49 PM

If it helps I'll go play my X20 in a bit...I know it helps me.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren01 View Post
Well, if you want something they have to build for you, it takes as long as it takes, which is the deal with most custom anything - guitars, bikes, you name it. But if you like their stock configurations and don't want any fancy details, you can buy from existing stock and generally have it in about a week. I started thinking hard about buying one on a Tuesday or Wednesday, ordered a stock X20 on Friday, and had it the following Thursday. Now that I HAVE an X20 to play while I wait, I think I could wait a lot more patiently for a good long time if I wanted something fancy. But for that first one, when I wasn't even sure yet if I was gonna like a carbon fiber guitar, ordering from stock and getting it fast was a pretty big deal to me.

-Ray
Old 10-15-2018, 02:57 PM
Guest 928

I've found, and others might confirm this, that the more CF guitars you have the easier the wait. For example, when my nephew orders an Emerald he can walk into his guitar room and start thinking that he's already gotten his order--and he has, multiple previous orders. Once he's in his candy room he is so overwhelmed with joy and choices that he doesn't give another thought to a new order--until it arrives, and then he's pleasantly surprised.

I'm trying out on my nephew's strategy and boy, it seems to work. I think I ordered a custom job 5 or six months ago, but with two Emeralds and a Rainsong in my heart I only vaguely remember the order. No sweat.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:08 PM
Charter Member

My X20 was ordered on June 22nd (this year ). Completely stock, except without a pickup.

It shipped on October 5th, and arrived in Minnesota 6 days later, on the 11th.

So, that's 112 days, order to delivery, or 16 weeks on the dot.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 10-15-2018, 06:29 PM

I ordered mine last Tuesday. A nylon version. I'm guessing it won't arrive until March. I'm fortunate that I've got a great traditional wood classical to keep me company until then. I just won't be taking that one to any extreme climates. *Waiting* *waiting* *waiting*...
Old 10-15-2018, 09:09 PM

Reading through this I ALMOST got up the gumption to buy that blue X30 they have to keep me happy till my padauk one shows up hopefully late December.

But it passed.... but just barely....
Old 10-16-2018, 11:31 AM

I think 5 months is more realistic. Especially if yours is a custom order. I ordered my X20 coco on 4/25. It was shipped in the same batch as eatswodo's on 10/5. Got a notice from USPS it cleared custom 4 am yesterday morning. As of this morning it's in transit. Wherever that is.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:21 PM
Guest 928

Iam,

"In Transit" means it's somewhere. So, you can rest assured that it does exist. As to when it hits your neighborhood???
Old 10-16-2018, 02:02 PM

USPS just email that the package is in my neighborhood post office. Will be delivered by 8 pm tomorrow. My luck, they'll show up 7:59 pm while I spend the whole day waiting!
Old 10-16-2018, 02:43 PM
Guest 928

Iam;

Good. It sounds as though your patience is going to pay off. I think you will find the guitar well worth waiting for.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber