The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

Default Lauten Audio LA220 FET microphone review on my youtube channel...

Hi everyone. I have a new Youtube channel where I'll be featuring gear and instrument reviews as well as original music etc.

I recently reviewed a very good microphone for vocals and acoustic guitar. It's a great choice if your budget is between $200 and $300. Check it out!

https://youtu.be/jUkzRD8eMyc
Old 10-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Charter Member

Default Strictly audio...

Hey everyone. I pointed this out in a couple other forums so I guess I'll point it out here too to avoid confusion...

There is no video to this content. It is audio only. Yes, this is on purpose. It is not a glitch or a mistake!

I am totally blind. While I can use a screen reading program to do text based tasks, like writing this forum post for example, and while I can do things like record and edit audio etc, video is not going to happen at this time.

There is no way I can reliably shoot video or edit it. If this channel takes off and leads to something where I might make a little money one way or another, then yes, I will certainly consider hiring someone to help with the video side of things. Until that time, it's audio only.

Besides, we're talking about guitars, amps, microphones etc. Sit back, close your eyes, and really focus on what you're hearing. At the end of the day, we're ultimately talking about sound anyways.

Thanks and have a nice day!
Old 11-20-2016, 01:20 PM
Charter Member

Bumping her up... Check this out if you're in the market for a high quality budget friendly microphone!
Old 11-22-2016, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioman001 View Post
Bumping her up... Check this out if you're in the market for a high quality budget friendly microphone!
Very good. Thanks for posting.

2014 Pono N30 DC EIR/Spruce crossover
2009 Pono koa parlor (NAMM prototype)
2018 Maton EBG808TEC
2014 Hatcher Greta 13 fret cutaway in EIR/cedar
2017 Hatcher Josie fan fret mahogany
1973 Sigma GCR7 (OM model) rosewood and spruce
2014 Rainsong OM1000N2
....and about 5 really nice tenor ukuleles at any given moment
Old 11-29-2016, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for the feedback. It's much appreciated!
Old 11-30-2016, 09:23 PM

I'm not experienced enough to listen to a single mic and know if I like it or not. The mic sounded OK on the acoustic guitar, but I wasn't overwhelmed. It sounded great on the electric guitars.

The only way I could get a real take on the mic is to compare it with another mic, preferably a standard popular mic like the Sure. Is this mic better or worse? Different? If so in which ways? So A/B demos are the only way to go, I think. Three mics at a time is about optimum. When I've listened to 7 mics in a shootout, I get totally confused by too much information. One mic just doesn't provide a reference point for me.

My 2 cents worth. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Charter Member

Yes. Thanks for the feedback. That is an idea I'm toying with... As for the Shure, that is a pretty broad suggestion as they have many different types/models of microphones... I'd certainly pick this over say the SM57 for example but that is a dynamic cardioid microphone anyways so we're talking about two different animals... Now, would I say this beats the lower end Shure KSM microphone? That is a tough one and if I owned that microphone, I'd love to do an A/B test... I did get to use one at one time but that was in a different space with a different preamp etc so I can't really compare too much. Now if Shure or these other companies would loan me some microphones, that would be great!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Tags
guitar, lautenaudio, microphone, review, youtube