The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 11-17-2018, 10:53 AM

Default 2017 Rainsong Shorty SG (Sold)

I purchased this guitar earlier this year for festivals and outdoor gigs and it is still in near new condition. I placed a pick guard when I first got it, which is easily removed, so no wear on the top, neck is set perfect plays like butter not buzz or intonation problems. Has the built in electronics and tuner also work great. Short scale full gloss with the unidirectional top and this guitar IMO sounds great. Sustain and harmonics are superb and it stays in tune.
I am no longer using it only playing one guitar now my Martin Outlaw so need to sell it. The SG Shorty is a great example of CF and the way this is set up will not disappoint the new owner. The case is the Rainsong branded 5 latch, Very nice case, and I am going to include the Neck Up I use with this which is also new, cost 50.00 The guitar is strung with SCGC low tension strings which last a long time and play wonderful on this. I will include a new set with the guitarist 18.00.
Any interest or questions let me know, I will sell the guitar shipped and insured for 1200 dollars. These sold for 2095.00 new no longer available.
I will post photos later wanted to get this up..Jerry We are on a RV trip and won't be home till Tuesday and I will be able to take some good photos. The guitar is next to new no damage of any kind and ding free. The case is also as new. I TRIED to upload photos and failed again so CL link with all the photos is attached.

l
Soundboard - All-graphite Unidirectional Carbon soundboard crafted using RainSong's Projection Tuned Layering technique. No soundboard braces. Pinstripe rosette.
Body - Carbon/Glass hybrid body. No body braces.
Neck - All-graphite NS neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong's Performance Shape Casting as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod.
Accessories - Tusq Nut, saddle. MOP inlaid Tusq bridgepins.
Case - Hardshell case
Finish - UV protective, high-gloss
Depth at end-pin - 4.125 inches
Lower bout - 15.25 inches
Body length - 19.5 inches
Overall length - 38.5 inches
Neck width at nut - 1.75 inches
Scale length - 24.875 inches
Frets clear of the body - 12
Tuning machines - Chrome plated Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
Electronics - Fishman Prefix+T https://oregoncoast.craigslist.org/m...751301323.html

Last edited by JerryM; 11-28-2018 at 10:52 PM. Reason: add photo link
Old 11-18-2018, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

These are great guitars...I wished I never sold mine.

I cannot justify spending the $$ right now, if I could, I would grab this in a heartbeat.

GLWS Jerry.

Collings ~ Taylor ~ Martin
Old 11-21-2018, 12:00 AM

Question

Someone’s getting a great deal! I have the same guitar (paid more than that for a 2013!) and absolutely love it.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:17 PM

High Gloss Rainsong for the price (or less) than one of the newer less fancy CH models.

This is a great deal folks. (I already have a shorty or I'd be on this one in a heartbeat)
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 11-27-2018, 02:51 PM

I reduced the price on this to a bottom, you won't find one of these at this price I don't believe . A great deal for someone looking for a CF guitar, guitar is in excellent condition, I just am not playing it anymore. The case on this is the 5 latch heavy duty hard shell not a cheap case. Jerry

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars