The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-19-2018, 09:18 AM

Default NGD Surprise - Alvarez Delta-00 - Amazing Blues Box

Just a quick 'tip of the cap' to the good people at Alvarez.

I wanted to pick up a guitar for my unsuspecting son, as a first foray into the world of playing guitar. It had to be manageable in size, easy to play, and wallet-friendly (just in case he decides to stick with video games and girls, instead).

At first, I was looking to snag a Yamaha FS8XX, but only found one in the local area...and it had numerous scrapes and such.

Did some more homework, and my go-to shop clued me in on the Alvarez 00 models. I picked out the Vintage Sunburst Delta-00, and had a full setup done on it.

Now - my problem is that I don't want to give it to anyone. I wanna keep it for myself!!!!!!

The guitar is solid, soulful, and tons of fun to play. Everything about it screams 'Play Me.' Owning an AF60, already, I knew that Alvarez made good guitars, for the dough. THIS one, though, is in another league, altogether. I've played more smaller-bodied guitars than I can count, and this Delta-00 ranks right up there with the best of them. Sincerely impressed.

00 Body Style
1.75" Bone Nut
2.25" String Spacing at the Bone Saddle
Soft V Satin Neck Profile
Full Gloss Solid Sitka Top with Lam. Mahogany B/S
Open-back Tuners
LOTS of Vintage Blues Bite

For those looking for a budget-friendly player, take a gander at what Alvarez offers. I believe these came out in 2016. Not much on the interwebs about 'em...but the few reviews I've read all line up with what I experience, first-hand. It's a BEAST!
'20 PRS P20
'19 Yamaha FS830
Old 11-19-2018, 09:20 AM
Charter Member

Alvarez makes good stuff.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:27 PM

Default Another Alvarez Owner

https://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view....ngJavascript=1

I've purchased two Alvarez's in the last six months from the Masterworks line. A MFA66SHB and the MD60EBG just last week. No one makes guitars at these prices that are anywhere close in performance and workmanship. I have three Taylors from a 316 on up and the Alvarez'z hold their own with those much more expensive guitars. All the Masterworks are completely solid wood with bone nut and saddles. Most come with a hard case with the MD60 having a good quality gig bag. I've already updated that. Extremely impressive guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion