The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 PM

Default Larrivee

Dittos. I play both gloss and satin Larry's. Get one that works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyo View Post
You cant lose with either one,
just buy the Larry that suits you.
I have a D03 that was made in Canada,and I played and owned many guitars
for the last 2 yrs, I always come back to Larrivee.
Dave
Old 10-16-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
Jean does not "touch" every US model by any stretch.

John Larrivee Jr runs the Vancouver plant. Matthew Larrivee runs the California plant.

While Jean does spend quite a bit of time at the California plant these days, he is the main buyer of wood for the company (much of which he sells to other companies including Taylor) These days Jean may spend more time outside of north America than in it.

In general the gloss models are made in the US and the satin ones in Canada, but it also depends on where the molds are located (some of the less popular sizes the molds are only in one location) and which factory has extra capacity.

I've never really noticed any discernible difference in the guitars from the two locations. They are built with the same molds, same CNC equipment, and same .tap files.

+1

This answer has all the info I would have posted. Either factory will give you an instrument to the same standards. Having factories in both Canada and the U.S. has nothing to do with cost, it is just that it is logical for them to have factories in both places. The ONLY thing that matters in this decision is what instrument you want.
2012 Larrivee Forum V RS-4 #3 (5-4-3...)
2006 Larrivee OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18
Old 10-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man View Post
I was told that all OO's are built in Canada... which I think that includes glossy versions, too...
I've got a 00 that was made in California.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
larrivee