The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-16-2020, 02:09 PM

Default NFL Week 6

Week 6. Looking forward to the Packers/Buccaneers game - Rogers/Brady. Rogers is having another outstanding year and leads the league in QBR.

What teams and story lines are you following this week?
Old 10-16-2020, 02:51 PM
Charter Member

As a Giants fan it is another tough year....but they are young and playing the team formerly known as the R------- this weekend, they are almost as bad.

I like their chances so much I inserted the kicker (3 field goals over 50 yards last week) and Freeman at running back in my Fantasy lineup. My opponent this week is my wife

This is the only bright spot so far for the Giants:

"Gano kicked the last three of his long field goals Sunday in Dallas, where he became the first Giants kicker and the 11th in NFL history with three field goals of 50 or more yards, the record for a single game. The 55-yarder is tied for the third-longest in franchise history."
Old 10-16-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeve21 View Post
As a Giants fan it is another tough year....but they are young and playing the team formerly known as the R------- this weekend, they are almost as bad.

I like their chances so much I inserted the kicker (3 field goals over 50 yards last week) and Freeman at running back in my Fantasy lineup. My opponent this week is my wife

This is the only bright spot so far for the Giants:

"Gano kicked the last three of his long field goals Sunday in Dallas, where he became the first Giants kicker and the 11th in NFL history with three field goals of 50 or more yards, the record for a single game. The 55-yarder is tied for the third-longest in franchise history."
Umm... I think you can safely say the entire NFC East is a disaster.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 10-16-2020, 06:25 PM

Go Pats!
YeeHaa!
Old 10-16-2020, 08:15 PM

Battle of the Bays? Geezer Bowl?

The other potential barn burner is the Steelers and Browns. Two teams who really don't like each other playing for the division lead. Chiefs-Bills too, if it actually gets played.

Seahawks get to sleep late...
Old 10-18-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Go Pats!
YeeHaa!
3rd quarter nearly over and the Pats only have 145 yards offense. 15-3 Broncos. What's going on?
Old 10-18-2020, 01:59 PM

What a horrible game for the Pats. Lots of turnovers. Newton was way off.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
What a horrible game for the Pats. Lots of turnovers. Newton was way off.
Pats had a chance to win. Got the ball back with 3 minutes left but couldn't do it. Newton's going to have a very good year with the Pats but not a great one.

When was the last time the Pats were 2-3?
Old 10-18-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Pats had a chance to win. Got the ball back with 3 minutes left but couldn't do it. Newton's going to have a very good year with the Pats but not a great one.

When was the last time the Pats were 2-3?

Patriots have been notorious for having slow early seasons. Last time they won the super bowl they started at 2-2 if I remember correctly. But I can’t remember when was the last time they had more losses than wins.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Patriots have been notorious for having slow early seasons. Last time they won the super bowl they started at 2-2 if I remember correctly. But I can’t remember when was the last time they had more losses than wins.
Yea, I remember the Pats getting blown out by Kansas City around 2013 or '14 to fall to 2-2. That was the end of the Pats and the end of Brady's career. They won the Super Bowl that year.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Yea, I remember the Pats getting blown out by Kansas City around 2013 or '14 to fall to 2-2. That was the end of the Pats and the end of Brady's career. They won the Super Bowl that year.

Was it that long ago? Probably.

Now watching the Tampa Bay Tom Bradies destroying the undefeated Packers. After watching that terrible Patriots performance against a 2-3 Broncos, is kinda putting into perspective how some haters gave most of Brady’s success to Belichick. We are watching a team that’s really getting it together to be a super bow contender.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:

Now watching the Tampa Bay Tom Bradies destroying the undefeated Packers. After watching that terrible Patriots performance against a 2-3 Broncos, is kinda putting into perspective how some haters gave most of Brady’s success to Belichick. We are watching a team that’s really getting it together to be a super bow contender.
The Pats had played an NFL record 225 consecutive games in Oct or later without being under .500. Last time they were below .500 in Oct or later was in 2002 during Brady's second season as a starter (the Pats won the SB the year before and the two years following).
Old 10-18-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
The Pats had played an NFL record 225 consecutive games in Oct or later without being under .500. Last time they were below .500 in Oct or later was in 2002 during Brady's second season as a starter (the Pats won the SB the year before and the two years following).

Wow now that’s a stat worth mentioning right there.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:04 PM

The problem with the Pats is that most of their Oline was out which limits their run game. That's about the only thing they can do to open up the passing game now.

Without much practice, I doubt Cam has much chemistry with the receivers and the only time he has a decent game is when the receivers are wide open due to the run game working.

Of all teams that need time on the field, it's the Pats with a new QB, and they've had very little of it. Only 1 practice the last two weeks.
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 10-18-2020, 11:10 PM

Quote:

To me, they are both GOATs. I think they'll both have success.

Tampa Bay is absolutely loaded with talent and their D is pretty decent. Tom will have a good year there.

The Pats would be totally different if they had practice like most other teams. Titans can do it because their team is mostly the same as last year and they have chemistry so they don't need practice as much. The Pats really need practice as mentioned in my above post. I truly believe if they didn't have so many things happen recently, they would most likely be 3-2 or 4-1.
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s