The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-24-2020, 02:35 PM

That is surprising, Dru.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

Did that really happen last night? That has to be one of the wildest, craziest, most entertaining, most frustrating (depending on your allegiance), most bizarre games in World Series history. Whatever team you were rooting for or even for the casual fan - that was one for the books!
Old 10-25-2020, 07:46 AM

Extraordinary! Hollywood script writers would conjure up something like that.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak2525 View Post
Did that really happen last night? That has to be one of the wildest, craziest, most entertaining, most frustrating (depending on your allegiance), most bizarre games in World Series history. Whatever team you were rooting for or even for the casual fan - that was one for the books!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Extraordinary! Hollywood script writers would conjure up something like that.
Wow - Dodgers blew that one.

Series 2-2 now.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:18 AM
Charter Member

Congrats to the Dodgers - No doubt that they were the better team! Glad your long wait for a series title is over! They deserved the championship all the way around - Well Done!
Old 10-28-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Congrats to the Dodgers - No doubt that they were the better team! Glad your long wait for a series title is over! They deserved the championship all the way around - Well Done!
+1. I was pulling for Tampa Bay only because of the salary difference but LA deserved it given the Astros debacle a couple years ago.

What a bonehead move to pull Snell in the 6th inning. Analytics can't be used for every move - sometimes you have to let the players play, especially when they're having a great game and have lots left to give.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
What a bonehead move to pull Snell in the 6th inning. Analytics can't be used for every move - sometimes you have to let the players play, especially when they're having a great game and have lots left to give.
Got to agree with you there, especially when you consider not only how well he was throwing, but how much better Betts is against righties vs. lefties. Cash definitely did not help out his team with that call!

A great series none the less, but you are not going to win in the majors if you cannot manufacture even one run with runners at 1st & 3rd with no outs. Do that 3 or 4 times and it's game / series over!

Lastly, do not let Adames swing away with runners on - either tape his arms to his body so he can't swing, or make him bunt, or have him jump in front of a pitch, because that's the only way he might get on base. Pretty much that way all year, but even worse in the playoffs!
Old 10-29-2020, 07:38 AM

Glad the Dodgers finally got one! I must admit, I breathed a sigh of relief when they pulled Snell. He was dealin'! Could not touch him.
I have a feeling Cash will be thinking about that decision for a long, long time.

scott
Old 10-29-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Got to agree with you there, especially when you consider not only how well he was throwing, but how much better Betts is against righties vs. lefties. Cash definitely did not help out his team with that call!

A great series none the less, but you are not going to win in the majors if you cannot manufacture even one run with runners at 1st & 3rd with no outs. Do that 3 or 4 times and it's game / series over!

Lastly, do not let Adames swing away with runners on - either tape his arms to his body so he can't swing, or make him bunt, or have him jump in front of a pitch, because that's the only way he might get on base. Pretty much that way all year, but even worse in the playoffs!
+1. The top two Dodgers batters (including Betts), who were next up, were 0-4 with 4 strikeouts against Snell... and then he gets pulled. I imagine lots of Tampa Bay fans were yelling at the tv at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairpuller View Post
Glad the Dodgers finally got one! I must admit, I breathed a sigh of relief when they pulled Snell. He was dealin'! Could not touch him.
I have a feeling Cash will be thinking about that decision for a long, long time.

scott
Hey Scott, the Dodgers players also sighed relief and Mookie smiled.

It'll be interesting to see what MLB does about Turner disregarding Covid rules. Guessing he'll be fined, perhaps even suspended a game or two next season?
Old 10-29-2020, 06:09 PM

Too much reliance on "analytics" killed The Rays. Simple as that.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 10-29-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
Too much reliance on "analytics" killed The Rays. Simple as that.
I agree. Even though they argue that's what got them there, sometimes you gotta go with your gut. Armchair quarterback, I know, but Snell was pitching lights out.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
+1. The top two Dodgers batters (including Betts), who were next up, were 0-4 with 4 strikeouts against Snell... and then he gets pulled. I imagine lots of Tampa Bay fans were yelling at the tv at that point.

Hey Scott, the Dodgers players also sighed relief and Mookie smiled.

It'll be interesting to see what MLB does about Turner disregarding Covid rules. Guessing he'll be fined, perhaps even suspended a game or two next season?

I have a feeling they’re not too worried about it now!
The guy missed a homer by 3 feet while fighting COVID.
Scott
Old 10-30-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:

I wrote some thoughts on this, but removed them. I find the line and rules about covid here unclear, though I can appreciate the difficulties trying establish those.

I suppose I can write that I have no sympathy or respect for what he did, and your judgement seems way too lenient to me.

Last edited by mc1; 10-30-2020 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
I wrote some thoughts on this, but removed them. I find the line and rules about covid here unclear, though I can appreciate the difficulties trying establish those.

I suppose I can write that I have no sympathy or respect for what he did, and your judgement seems way too lenient to me.
I hear ya, mc1, and thanks for holding back. Gotta keep this thread alive .

I too was holding back but I think there's at least a 10 game suspension coming to Turner to set a precedent for next season. There's a reason there was a bubble.

As far as the coach's blunder to remove Snell (something that will be discussed for years), the Rays still only scored 1 run in the game. No guarantee they would win that game and then game 7 but at least they would have had a better chance.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I hear ya, mc1, and thanks for holding back. ...
I'm just glad you were here to witness that momentous occasion.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic