The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-25-2017, 11:29 AM

Default Wood

Ovation. In fairness, the 12'a bridge was on pretty solid. Thought it was interesting to see a 6 and 12 string side by side to compare. I'm not too experienced with acoustics, but I've seen quite a few singleneck 12's with the body bowed out worse, to the point I could see under the bridge. Was something
I had read about regarding buying a 12 string acoustic. With two bridges on the same body I like the benefit of carbon in that regard. I'm not saying wood is bad, but when you order an instrument that you've never tried, it's a great piece of mind not having to be concerned about the condition that I just seen.

If I had bought the Epiphone I had seen before purchasing the Emerald, I would have had to gut the electronics to be happy. Not worth it to me on a new guitar. I like the acoustic doubleneck better anyway.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:16 AM
Charter Member

Shot in the dark, but..... anyone into selling their Emerald double neck? PM, if so. Thx.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:38 AM

Doesn't seem so. But maybe Alister will make one for a monthly Select Series.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber