The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-18-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckejoel View Post
Thanks Lee,

We are trying to take advantage of the blue color by using a "sunburst style" pattern on the Cargo's top.
if you can use a pic of the blue and get a nice slight burst to black on the outer edge with photo magic I`ld love to see the outcome!!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:14 AM

Man I wish mine would hurry up and get here................

Petros, Paragon, National, Martin, Rainsong, and Santa Cruz
Old 04-19-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Crust View Post
Man I wish mine would hurry up and get here................
John, I couldn't agree more. I placed a down payment on one and don't expect to see it until June or July!
Old 04-19-2008, 10:12 AM

Default Cargo for Slack key/alternate tunings?

Has anyone tried alternate tunings with the Cargo? I wonder if the short scale can handle open G? That's all I'd want to keep it in. I know the Larrivee parlor handles this just fine. Thanks for any info.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeasam View Post
here are some photos of the 7i series from CA website. the finish is NOT the RT on these but high gloss.
Ok! leeasam's post with a link to the 7i-M-CE is causing a desire in me to have a guitar like never before in my 32+ years of playing (dang you, lee! ).

In all that time, I have patiently acquired my small arsenal of guitars, never as a result of GAS. My recent acquisition of a Cargo was not GAS driven -- it was simply a practical decision to replace my destroyed Baby Taylor with the best option (based on AGF discussion) while visiting the States, particularly because I'm into travelling/sailing and a composite guitar seemed to be the ideal solution.

I'm so impressed with the Cargo that I've been perusing the CA website and although I like the designs, not to the point of lusting over one. lee's post of the 7i-M-CE has just changed that. In fact, I can't afford another guitar for a quite a while so I may even consider selling my Taylor 814c. I never ever thought I'd be motivated to do that.

The price list for the 7i-M-CE posted at the link lee provided only indicates "TBD". Does anyone have any knowledge of what these are selling for in the stores? If so, please PM me with a price.

Joel, although I believe you're only considering the Cargo as an AGF guitar, since I already have one, any chance a 7i-M-CE in that blue as a burst could also be offered as an AGF limited (pretty, pretty please!). A gloss wine burst would be equally cool.

Gawd, I gotta get away from this forum! It's changing me!!!

Last edited by Acousticado; 04-19-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:37 AM

Acoustic Pro Musician has the 7i

http://www.acousticpromusician.com/inv_ca.htm

I am severely tempted as well...I feel my Martin may be moving on fairly soon....

Last edited by speed12; 04-19-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed12 View Post
Acoustic Pro Musician has the 7i listed at (price removed).

http://www.acousticpromusician.com/inv_ca.htm

I am severely tempted as well...I feel my Martin may be moving on fairly soon....
Thanks, but you're not supposed to post prices on this forum. That's why I asked to PM me with a price. I suggest you remove it. Having said this, I bought my Cargo from Danny at Acoustic Pro. The price you mention is for the 7S, 7M and 7L -- not the 7iM.

Last edited by Acousticado; 04-19-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:50 AM

Whoops sorry, edited!
Old 04-19-2008, 11:16 AM

Oh, also, in the APM price list, the 7i is down as the 7M-CEO (Offset soundhole)...I'm presuming its the same anyway! Sorry again for the price posting!
Old 04-19-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeasam View Post
if you can use a pic of the blue and get a nice slight burst to black on the outer edge with photo magic I`ld love to see the outcome!!
How about this - it's a little uneven, but my wife is waiting for me to do some yard work

Old 04-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post
How about this - it's a little uneven, but my wife is waiting for me to do some yard work

That's real nice as a burst. Thanks for doing it. I know that blue is being proposed in an AGF Cargo (and I quite like it), but since I already have a Cargo and am now interested in a 7i-M-CE as mentioned in my post above asking Joel if an AGF guitar could also be offered based on the 7i-M-CE (that would be a dream come true for me), I also wonder if the wine/red as a burst could also be an option. Shadowboxer, if I may be so bold, any chance you can also do the wine/red burst based on the 7i-M-CE? If not, I understand. If so, great!

I realize my request for a 7i-M-CE also as an AGF offering is complicating things for Joel (and whoever else is involved), but I just can't help but ask.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2008, 02:28 PM
"Big Daddy"

Hey Shadow,

That is moving much closer to what I am looking for.
Is there anything that you can do to make the sunburst a bit more symmetrical and follow the body shape a little closer to the edge?
Thank you very much for your work on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post

Last edited by mckejoel; 04-19-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:32 PM
"Big Daddy"

Hi Tom,

We have many great ideas for future AGF projects, but your dreams are moving faster that we are able to keep up.
Please be patient and I am sure that you will get a kick out of the things we have on the drawing board.
(As for the AGF 7i-M-CE...that's not on the drawing board )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
That's real nice as a burst. Thanks for doing it. I know that blue is being proposed in an AGF Cargo (and I quite like it), but since I already have a Cargo and am now interested in a 7i-M-CE as mentioned in my post above asking Joel if an AGF guitar could also be offered based on the 7i-M-CE (that would be a dream come true for me), I also wonder if the wine/red as a burst could also be an option. Shadowboxer, if I may be so bold, any chance you can also do the wine/red burst based on the 7i-M-CE? If not, I understand. If so, great!

I realize my request for a 7i-M-CE also as an AGF offering is complicating things for Joel (and whoever else is involved), but I just can't help but ask.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Hi Tom,

We have many great ideas for future AGF projects, but your dreams are moving faster that we are able to keep up.
Please be patient and I am sure that you will get a kick out of the things we have on the drawing board.
(As for the AGF 7i-M-CE...that's not on the drawing board )
I do understand. Thanks, Joel!
Old 04-19-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Hey Shadow,

That is moving much closer to what I am looking for.
Is there anything that you can do to make the sunburst a bit more symmetrical and follow the body shape a little closer to the edge?
Thank you very much for your work on that.
Is this better?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber