The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
My doctor has me on six ounces of red wine each night, but I think you must be on a higher dosage, John.

Bill
Not at all, my friend! I'm a firm believer in Tim's magic music dust and the difference it makes in a guitar's life!

Neil, I would have loved to have been there for Tim's explaining the way he uses it. As it is, I'll just be happy to enjoy the results. I don't have to fully understand everything I believe in.

cotten
Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Charter Member

Exciting stuff! Can't wait to see the final product and maybe one day actually hear it too!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:29 PM
AGF Sponsor

BBWW - Your McKnight guitar will be complete and sitting on the same table as this one. Lord willin' the shipping department will get each instrument there safe and sound!

Commercial break ~

On Saturday evening after the show Tim and I are inviting each of the 5 new McKnight Guitar owners to join us come in a motel room. We will know the room number after we sign in. They may bring a guest of their choice. This is the moment to meet each other as one so we can get a few pictures of the McGit sister batch of 2011.

An hour later, I am now inviting all other AGF members and friends who choose to see and be seen to join the group.

I am sure that meeting Cotten will be the AGF members biggest desire. The guitars will most likely take second place.

McKnight guitars will only be played with the new owner keeping a watchful eye and a stern look on every wannabe player. I wouldn't cross them if I were you. Tim will be available for all questions. I will be playing lil Miss McHostess.

Water ONLY is permitted inside the room only if it is secured with a lid. NO OPEN CONTAINERS WILL BE PERMITTED IN THE ROOM AS IT IS CLOSE QUARTERS.

I will once again ask JR for permission to use his logo so I can make badges for the Healdsburg show. ANYONE who lets me know they would like one can pick it up at the McKnight table. I would like you to PM me here in advance so I can get a rough count of how many I need. I plan to pre-type the names so they can be easily read.

It is fun to go to guitar shows, but being the people person that I am I think the best part of these events is putting IDs and faces together.

Commercial over ~

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.

Last edited by Mary; 06-11-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:22 PM

Mary, I normally don't pay much attention to commercials, but I like yours - that sounds like a great plan! (Don't play up meeting me, though, I'm a very ordinary guy who has been blessed way beyond his deserving.)

cotten
Old 06-10-2011, 09:39 PM

It's great to see things finally come to fruition on this story.. 10 months on! Can't wait to see pics of John playing this baby.. best $XX I've spent in a long time

Bong
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster
Old 06-10-2011, 09:39 PM

I like the way the end of Tim's fretboard mirrors the shape of the headstock and compliments his beautiful rosette and top.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Wow! This is one special guitar that is coming together very nicely! John, you must be sooo stoked! Will it go on tour so contributors can play and sign it?
Old 06-11-2011, 10:47 PM

Ummm, no. But thanks for asking.

cotten
Old 06-16-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten View Post
Speaking of making this a very personal, once in a lifetime kind of heirloom-quality instrument, check out what will be on the back of the headstock.

That is just too cool!

Cotten, you sure do deserve it though!!
Little Martin (LXM)
Lots of Drums

Never develop a passion you can't afford. It'll eat your heart away like a bookworm. - Cornella Funke
Old 06-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

I have not read all on this thread, but is there an estimation on the completion date for this guitar?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensicguy View Post
is there an estimation on the completion date for this guitar?
I believe the guitar should be ready and presented to Mr Cotten at Healdsburg, which is from August 12th through 14th.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:21 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbert View Post
I believe the guitar should be ready and presented to Mr Cotten at Healdsburg, which is from August 12th through 14th.

It shall. It shall.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 PM

Mary has sent me some pictures of Tim attaching the neck, etc. They're beautiful, but I'm away teaching at a music camp, and don't have the time right now to download them, put them up on Photobucket and then pop them over here. Hopefully I can get this done soon after I get home this weekend.

Yes, Bong, I know it's taken me a long, long time to start posting pictures here. That's my fault. Mary and Tim have been an absolute dream to work with. Mary does a superb job of keeping in touch with each client, and providing them with regular updates, complete with literally hundreds of pictures recording the various stages of a guitar's development.

Because of the heirloom-ness of this guitar, I will print many of these and put them into a photo album, to be passed down with the guitar to future generations. But not until I'm done with it!

Those attending the Healdsburg Festival, please be sure to stop by the McKnight display. You'll see the "sisters," Tim's batch of guitars being readied in time for the festival, and you'll enjoy meeting Tim and Mary and crew. I don't know if there will be any kind of formal "presentation," but that won't matter to me.

The thing that matters is that AGF Owener, J.R. Rogers, the McKnights, and friend who contributed to this guitar have made it a VERY SPECIAL, heartwarming gift that I will treasure as long as I am able. My guitar playing son will be with me at the Festival, and the guitar will one day be his, and hopefully passed down through the Cotten family for generations to come.

cotten
Old 06-16-2011, 09:33 PM

It's been well worth the wait John! I'm so excited for you.. I just wish I could be there in person as I will be in spirit.

Bong.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster
Old 06-18-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten View Post
Speaking of making this a very personal, once in a lifetime kind of heirloom-quality instrument, check out what will be on the back of the headstock.

Agreed, very cool! And you can't buy it, you have to earn it.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop