The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 04-20-2020, 04:11 PM

Default Broken hearted

At least for now. Parted company with my ES-335, but wanted to keep something similar, but with a slightly different flavor. Picked up a Gibson ES-275 used off of Reverb about 10 months ago. Have been playing it a bit off and on, noticed that the action was getting higher and higher. Took in to the shop, only to be told that the neck is warped and the truss rod is cranked all the way with no more play in it. The tech's assessment is the guitar is defective. Don't know if Gibson will honor any warranty claim, given that I'm not the original owner. Now that 10 months have passed, don't know if Reverb will do anything. And, of course, with the pandemic closures, can't get around to other shops or a Gibson authorized shop. So feeling right now that I'm screwed out of a considerable chunk of change. Have now bought two guitars 'online' and am thinking I will never do so again.
G.V. Rubio Estudio
Rainsong Shorty
Old 04-20-2020, 04:16 PM
Charter Member

That’s brutal. Those aren’t cheap either.
I’m sorry to hear this.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:05 PM

It won't be cheap, but if you can find a tech who knows how to remove the truss rod and steam-press the neck you might be able to save your guitar - hang in there...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops