The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-08-2010, 06:22 AM

Default Willie style

Sorry to be bothering all of you with a load of posts, but being a bit new to nylon string stuff is exciting. I like to play in the style of Willie Nelson, and use a pick most of the time with just a bit of fingerstyle. Of course I understand this is an unorthodox way of playing classical guitars, but I do just the same Are there any other players of nylon string guitars that play in this style - similar to the Willie early country-ish style. I would like to hear others as well. I understand that Zac Brown is playing alot of nylon string now, but I really like the earlier stuff. Anyone know of any? Thanks.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:46 AM

I too am a big fan of Willie's sound. What type of guitar do you play? Alot of Willie's sound comes from his Baldwin pickup. Sadly, these are no longer made. There are several detailed discussions on the UMGF in the Classical section about Willie's Martin N-20 (Trigger) and his Baldwin pickup. Alot of people appreciate Willies tone and playing style. Willie was heavily influenced by Django and uses jazz phrasing in his playing technique. Hey bfloyd6969, I sent you a PM. Check your in box.

Last edited by Play2PraiseHim; 04-09-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2PraiseHim View Post
I too am a big fan of Willie's sound. What type of guitar do you play? Alot of Willie's sound comes from his Baldwin pickup. Sadly, these are no longer made. There are several detailed discussions on the UMGF in the Classical section about Willie's Martin N-20 (Trigger) and his Baldwin pickup. Alot of people appreciate Willies tone and playing style. Willie was heavily influenced by Django and uses jazz phrasing in his playing technique. Hey bfloyd6969, I sent you a PM. Check your in box.
Thanks for the PM, and check your inbox back
Old 04-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Another PM sent.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical