The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-18-2018, 01:20 PM

Maybe a K8, but for reasonable volume levels, my C60 Kills the K10. Its just punchier, with more presence.....but I play instrumental acoustic guitar. Maybe vocals would change this......although I agree, when I pair with a singer, their voice sounds great through that little amp.

Try 2 for a bigger, fuller sound.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:24 PM

In fact, I recently played a larger brewery, high celings, tile, echoey...so I added the K10 for a bigger sound. After the first set, I realized I had never turned the QSC on, it was the C60 carrying the entire place! Sounded excellent.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

I can't answer your question, as I still cling to my Fishmans, but I did just see Tommy Emmanuel's AMAZING performance, running through only a Boss tuner pedal and into a compact 60 (TE edition, of course) and the sound was the best acoustic amplification I've ever heard at a large venue. There seems to be a lot of acoustic amps hitting the market in the 1200-2000 price point, making the Fishmans (which I previously thought were high priced) seem more and more reasonable for what you get. I'm going to lurk here and see what folks say.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
I can't answer your question, as I still cling to my Fishmans, but I did just see Tommy Emmanuel's AMAZING performance, running through only a Boss tuner pedal and into a compact 60 (TE edition, of course) and the sound was the best acoustic amplification I've ever heard at a large venue. There seems to be a lot of acoustic amps hitting the market in the 1200-2000 price point, making the Fishmans (which I previously thought were high priced) seem more and more reasonable for what you get. I'm going to lurk here and see what folks say.

Tommy’s sound is very good but don’t forget that his signature Maton guitars have a very good pickup system installed and that he tours with a sound engineer! What’s more (having seen him live three times and can confirm this) he has his front monitors really loud and usually (if not always) either has side fills or monitors BEHIND him (which means higher risk for feedback which does happen...). I think his sound would be even better if he used in-ear monitors for example thought that doesn’t work for everyone.

The AER amplifiers are very good, and as usual you get what you pay for, but they are only as good as the signal in. My experience with the AER amps is they they are very good at maintaining the quality of the original signal in and have good eq sections to further tweak the sound. I have mixed FOH for artists with AER amps and found them easy and quick to work with.
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 02-22-2020, 10:56 AM

Default AER: Chorus and Reverb at same time

One main difference is the AER can only do one of 4 effects. You can't have chorus and reverb. I think.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.walker View Post
One main difference is the AER can only do one of 4 effects. You can't have chorus and reverb. I think.
Hi d.w.

You just responded to a thread from 8 years back…I imagine the original poster has made his/her choice by now.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification