The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-10-2018, 07:19 AM

Default Mini Horses Are Now Allowed on Planes!

This article tickled my fancy.

While I am sure that this will spawn a few posts that will rant about "those people" who are not "normal", I hope that most folks will keep things in perspective, and hold this lightly. After all, this isn't an article about war atrocities or something truly upsetting....

https://www.fodors.com/news/news/11-...owed-on-planes
Old 10-10-2018, 08:08 AM

Hope they don't forget the poop bag,
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 10-10-2018, 09:52 AM

I love horses and would think that to be cute. I would start up a conversation and ask, "Can I pet it during the flight too?" One of the more stressful things that I do in life is try to fly commercially, to the point where I have stopped flying altogether.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:12 PM

I saw a headline today about somebody bringing "an emotional support squirrel" onto a plane.

You can't make this stuff up!

Teach us what ways have light, what gifts have worth.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Old 10-10-2018, 01:17 PM

I fly a lot and have for years and am sensitive to those who need a little help. But any one who spends time in an airport knows that there are those who are gaming the system.

I recently saw a young women (late 20’s) dressed to the nines sitting in First Class with some little powder puff of a dog whose head hair had been dyed purple and was wearing a sequined Service Dog vest. She looked like the most self confident, self assured person I’d ever seen. Not being judgey, but seriously?
Old 10-10-2018, 04:57 PM

I’m ordering an emotional support wart hog. Don’t judge.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhu View Post
This article tickled my fancy.

While I am sure that this will spawn a few posts that will rant about "those people" who are not "normal", I hope that most folks will keep things in perspective, and hold this lightly. After all, this isn't an article about war atrocities or something truly upsetting....

https://www.fodors.com/news/news/11-...owed-on-planes
I wonder if Mister Ed would find this a case of Sizeism...... WILBURRRRR !!!!!!

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 10-10-2018, 06:02 PM

How about this for truly upsetting. What would you say if you or a loved one, your wife, a parent, or your child had an acute allergic reaction to one these animals and suffered severe, even life-threatening issues on a flight and were trapped on that plane until it could make an emergency landing?
I hate litigiousness but I would sue that airline for everything I could get.
I'm not sympathetic nor do I agree with this stuff.
On a business trip I had sit next to a rude, obnoxious woman with a small dog she claimed she had to have for psychological support. She would not put the dog in its cage under the seat as she was required during takeoff.Instead she told the flight attendant she would not comply in a very nasty way. Then she proceeded to tell me how no one was going to tell her what to do.
The flight attendant did not pursue it, I believe in the interest of getting the plane going.
JMO, this stuff is out of control.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster

Last edited by rokdog49; 10-10-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:18 PM
Charter Member

But can the mini pony bring a guitar on board?
Old 10-10-2018, 11:04 PM

Seems reasonable.

Of course you'll get some neighsayers who think a story like this is just Fake Hooves.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
How about this for truly upsetting. What would you say if you or a loved one, your wife, a parent, or your child had an acute allergic reaction to one these animals and suffered severe, even life-threatening issues on a flight and were trapped on that plane until it could make an emergency landing?
I hate litigiousness but I would sue that airline for everything I could get.
I'm not sympathetic nor do I agree with this stuff.
On a business trip I had sit next to a rude, obnoxious woman with a small dog she claimed she had to have for psychological support. She would not put the dog in its cage under the seat as she was required during takeoff.Instead she told the flight attendant she would not comply in a very nasty way. Then she proceeded to tell me how no one was going to tell her what to do.
The flight attendant did not pursue it, I believe in the interest of getting the plane going.
JMO, this stuff is out of control.
While I think that no doubt there are individuals, (and will likely always be) who abuse the service or support pet policy , just as such individual abuses exists in most every other social convention. The counterpoint to that is , while the logistic value of service animals to the blind are obvious. It should be noted the therapeutic value of animal companionship is also now scientifically fairly well established.

Also if you or someone in your family that was that severely allergic to animal dander, to present a true danger ( given most allergic reactions to animals are not ) then It would seem logical to carry counter measure substances . Not to mention if that were the case, no doubt the Airlines could be ask ed to facilitate either a seat change . Or in extreme a flight change for the allergic person

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Last edited by KevWind; 10-11-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
While I think that no doubt there are individuals, (and will likely always be) who abuse the service or support pet policy , just as such individual abuses exists in most every other social convention. The counterpoint to that is , while the logistic value of service animals to the blind are obvious. It should be noted the therapeutic value of animal companionship is also now scientifically fairly well established.

Also if you or someone in your family that was that severely allergic to animal dander, to present a true danger ( given most allergic reactions to animals are not ) then It would seem logical to carry counter measure substances . Not to mention if that were the case, no doubt the Airlines could be ask to facilitate either a seat change . Or in extreme a flight change for the allergic person
Heck, the amount of pet hair that is usually on my clothes is probably enough to trigger a reaction.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:26 AM

In-flight rodeos could become the thing. Barrel racing, mmmmm.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJoker View Post
Heck, the amount of pet hair that is usually on my clothes is probably enough to trigger a reaction.
Ha!! I never thought of that, but so true with two Aussie dogs my duds are often hairy

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

Old 10-11-2018, 10:45 AM

Just another sign that we are becoming too indulgent. The whole "therapy animal" thing is a little beyond the pale. They may have changed but for years the blind could not have their seeing eye dogs in the cabin with them. If you can't fly without your miniature horse, you need to find another means of transportation, not have your neurosis accommodated by airlines, hotels, etc.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic