The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-26-2020, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Since you're looking to upgrade in the amp department (and that Champion 100 is a lot of amp for home practice), again speaking as a happy owner (along with a number of others here on the Electric subforum) I'd take a serious look at the current Bugera V22 Infinium; IME it'll be a better match for your Sheraton (especially the OD channel), there's a broader range of tonal control, and the pentode/triode option not only allows you to power down for home practice but offers its own set of highly-useful tones (mostly of the pre-Top Boost Vox variety) - with the upcoming Holiday/Coupon sales it shouldn't be hard to score one in the $400+/- range, and you're not going to find a better bargain in an all-tube amp...
Musician's Friend has 15% off right now, bringing the V22 price down to $399.50.

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium
Old 11-27-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylor4 View Post
The Katana is loud. & complicated. & has way too much stuff to choose from. For a new electric player, too many choices can = analysis paralysis. So much to choose from that you cannot discover "your own sound". That is the main pro and con with modeling amps - too many chefs in the kitchen, as it were.

I love my orange Micro Terror. The TONE is killer, honestly. I wish it had 2 channels and reverb though.

The best sounding amps are usually very simple. A dirty channel, a clean channel and good reverb will take you a LONG way in your journey. Good luck.
Man did you hit the nail on the head, When I'm playing my electric, I spend more looking for the right sound than I do playing, and my amps are really simple...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars