The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-10-2020, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Great job Glenn!

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 12-10-2020, 12:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Great job Glenn!
Thank you Barry!

How wonderful to hear from you! It was fun doing an electric song for a change -- no distortion, all clean sounds, just old fashioned rock and roll. I'm glad you thought this came out okay.

I used to love hearing dance bands play this stuff when I was 15 or 16 years old. In this time of isolation there is not much of a choice except to be a one-man band.

- Glenn
Old 12-13-2020, 02:51 PM

That's a great recording and video, Glenn! I didn't know the song, I haven't seen the movie, so thank you for introducing it to me.

The new Strat sounds and looks great - that colour has caught my eye in those new strats. It was a nice surprise when the other guitars made an appearance. You have good taste in guitars. I have had 2 Rickenbacker 12 strings in my time, and will get another one sometime, I hope. An American Standard tele is my only electric right now.

Your singing is great, those are very high notes for a baritone to reach, yikes.

Fabulous!
Old 12-13-2020, 03:46 PM

One of my all-time favorite movies and probably one that was foundational in me picking up and sticking with the guitar!

The new Stratocaster looks and sounds great
Old 12-13-2020, 03:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCharlesD View Post
That's a great recording and video, Glenn! I didn't know the song, I haven't seen the movie, so thank you for introducing it to me.

The new Strat sounds and looks great - that colour has caught my eye in those new strats. It was a nice surprise when the other guitars made an appearance. You have good taste in guitars. I have had 2 Rickenbacker 12 strings in my time, and will get another one sometime, I hope. An American Standard tele is my only electric right now.

Your singing is great, those are very high notes for a baritone to reach, yikes.

Fabulous!
Thank you KCharles!

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed this! Thanks for your kind words and encouragement!

If you ever do get a chance to see the move, "That Thing You Do," I think you will really enjoy it.

Thank you also for your appreciation of some of my electric guitars. It was fun to get them out and go through this arrangement. The Rick 360-12 is always a thrill to play!

Thanks too for your kind words on my singing. My voice was a little on the thin side up that high, but at least I was able to get up there.

I hope all is well for you and that you enjoy the holiday season! Take care out there!

- Glenn
Old 12-13-2020, 03:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylor View Post
One of my all-time favorite movies and probably one that was foundational in me picking up and sticking with the guitar!

The new Stratocaster looks and sounds great
Thank you Austin!

It's great to know you thought this cover came out okay! It's also fun to know that you thought my new Strat sounded and looked good. I am getting a kick out of it for sure!

I hope all is well for you and your family and that you all have a great Christmas season!

Stay safe and be well!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell