The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-17-2019, 02:53 PM

Default Boutique acoustic guitar manufacturer audio/video demos

Well I have been on the hunt for a new Collings AG. Most stores do not have many selections to try out in the models interested in. Based on that I have tried to look/listen to demos from various sources on the internet. However there are to many variables to reach any conclusions easily. Just kind of wondering why some manufacturer like Collings and others similar do not have a regular setup demo for most of their models and possibly some major options etc. The setup would use the same mic(s), pre-amp, recording system, location and mic placement. They could use essentially the same material such as strumming, fingerstyle and maybe even the same person if possible. There are high end stores that have a few demos on the internet but seem somewhat inconsistent. I know that the demos would not be perfect but would at least give some indication of the sonic qualities of a certain model/option. For instance an OM long scale vs an OM short scale or same model with different tops. It seems to me that guitars going at this kind of price level and knowing that most stores cannot have a large selection of inventory that a manufacturer would take this into consideration. Would this really BE that hard to do when you have put all that work into building these instruments? Any thoughts on this?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustic guitar, boutique acoustic, demos, lutherie shop, manufacturer