The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-25-2022, 10:37 AM
Charter Member

Bought a ‘78 Tak “lawsuit” dred in in ‘79, which got a lot of play for about 10 years and then went into the case until 2 years ago. As I was re-experiencing the joy of playing, thought to myself since I was in my twilight years (then 75) enjoy my “last hurrah” with a “nice all wood guitar” - although the Tak still sounds great. Thanks to this site I was introduced to Eastman, resulting in the purchase of an E20D TC (can’t count on having the time for it to open up *G). Been absolutely blown away with the quality, voice, sustain, aesthetic and feel. Initially had some physical adjustments to make with the neck because of thumb surgery, but have figured out workarounds. Challenge now is shoulder, which was again solved on this site when I recently asked a Q re dred v OM sizing. Played an OM Friday, felt great, and am now awaiting the arrival of a Swiss Alpine E8OM TC (naturally *G*). Long way of saying I’m indebted to AGF (and EGF) and many of the posters in this thread for bringing Eastman to my attention. An extraordinary instrument at an extraordinary value.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:16 AM

Default down to one acoustic....

and it's an Eastman E10-SS. It sounds so beautiful I can't imagine another guitar.

Have had it almost a year now and it just sings. in fact I sold a J-15 to help fund it. Just prefer the richer hog sound, coupled with adi top, oh boy. It makes me smile every time I play it.

So I'm with you Scott. Eastman knocks it out of the park. Sounds pretty good with CL picks too! :-)
Old 09-26-2022, 08:44 AM

I was watching a vid the Acoustic Shoppe did and remember them saying that Eastman would be adding the 1 3/4 nut option to their SS models soon, maybe 2023.

Got an E10P SB to be delivered today so very interested in it's tonal qualities. I have an E10 OM I've had for about 6 years and each time I play it which is everyday continue to greatly appreciate it's playability and tonal sound.

The Eastmans I've had and have come out of the box playing superbly needing little to no setup and I can't say that about a few other brands I've tried and returned.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
I was watching a vid the Acoustic Shoppe did and remember them saying that Eastman would be adding the 1 3/4 nut option to their SS models soon, maybe 2023.

Got an E10P SB to be delivered today so very interested in it's tonal qualities. I have an E10 OM I've had for about 6 years and each time I play it which is everyday continue to greatly appreciate it's playability and tonal sound.
Jaxon, good for you! I've had two of those, and loved both of them. Can't remember why I let them go, but it was a non-smart move by me.

Great big fat necks and beautiful sunburst. I think Eastman does the best SB in the business.

If you don't like it, let me know. But I don't see that happening.
Old 06-17-2023, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

Very Nice job. I fell in love with acoustic guitars because of Steve Goodman. I'm from Chicago, close to his age and followed him around like a stray cat. I taught myself most of his songs including The Dutchman by Michael Smith. I have some signed cd's of his. Loved how STeve did Crazy Mary too. I've seen Michael a couple of times. We even spoke about Steve and it always broke him up a bit.
My favorite to play out is Would You Like to learn to dance. Took a while but after twenty years I think I got it down right. Still can't do It's a sin to tell a lie like STeve...nobody can.

As far as micing goes. I put on a Schertler AG6 with a mic on my E10-OM. It doesn't color the sound at all, Just makes it louder. Try one if you can. I see them on Reverb every once in a while sort of affordable.
Eastman Romeo SC
Eastman E20D
Eastman E16SS
1966 B25 Gibson
Yamaha LL16-12
RO-26 Recording King

Electric...
1965 Custom Built (Italian)335

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion