The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 06-10-2018, 09:40 AM

Default Triple-CD Set Is Now Available: "Inyo and Folks--A Musical History"

I finally put the finishing touches on my completely revised set of cds, titled "Inyo and Folks--A Musical History"--a free triple cyber-cd box set, previously available only as a double cd. It now includes 117 selections in three volumes, all recordings digitally remastered from the original analog masters.

It's what I believe is a definitive retrospective of acoustic music I recorded with my parents a number of years ago over an 18-year period: 117 acoustic arrangements of some of our favorite songs--all recorded during the "Golden Age" of our occasional impromptu, completely spontaneous musical get-togethers.

Every selection can be accurately categorized as a so-called "one take wonder"--that is to say, without having first rehearsed a single song, we'd simply leave a tape recorder running while we sang and played and let the musical chips fall where they may, so to speak. What's included, then, is what's generally best representative of those many periodic spur-of-the-moment "jam sessions."

Lots of old-timey music, indeed. As an example, the first five selections on CD #1 are: "900 Miles"; "In The Shade Of The Old Apple Tree"; "Five Foot Two"; "Columbus Stockade Blues"; and "(I'd Like To Get You On A) Slow Boat To China."

All songs available for free downloading and/or listening over at Inyo and Folks--A Musical History.

Last edited by Inyo; 06-11-2018 at 01:24 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases