The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-11-2022, 12:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Roy View Post
What? Where did you get that idea? If that was true I might still have my DF. If you know of some drop-ins for DFs lots of folks would appreciate you providing the link.
The footprint of the Golden Age Restoration Tuners uses is nearly identical to traditional old school Klusons, so new Klusons with their traditional footprint drop right in and the screw holes are so close you don't need to redrill.

Also, for the vibe part, the Kluson Prestige have white and black button options and they come in the waverly screw hole footprint or the old style kloson ones that match the GA ones. There is also a Gotoh set that looks just like a Waverly but comes with both footprints - one that lines up right.

This is not as big a deal as everyone makes it and would be sad to sell a guitar cuz of the tuners since they are so easily changed out if you don't like them.
Old 09-11-2022, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
As yall's know I'm not a regular around here, just a reader mostly. Anyone have any thoughts on the CH all mahogany. Kinda thinking about getting one.
While I'm obviously quite biased, it's just an outstanding voice and has a character that works in a lot of applications - surprisingly dynamic, louder than you'd ever think, can cover a lot of ground from strumming to fingerstyle and hold its own for sure.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion