The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-26-2020, 02:15 AM
Charter Member

Baltimore Ravens fan here, and Terrell Suggs will be the difference maker. Not on stats, but as on on the field coach - he knows what will be coming and what needs to be done to stop it. After that, it is just a matter of who executes their individual jobs the best - the offense or the defense.

His stat line won't show it, but Sugg's contributions will permit the KC defense to play lights out against San Fran - so I am taking KC over SF straight up without the spread.
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin
Old 01-26-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
My prediction: If the Niner's Dline plays well (like they normally do) and pressures Mahomes, it will be close the whole way and into the fourth quarter. Then Reid will do something stupid and cost KC the game.

If the Niner's Dline doesn't play well, Mahomes will do his thing and not allow Reid to mess up the game. It'll be a blowout.

So, I either see a close game where KC blows it at the end, or a KC blowout. Predictions can make you like an idiot in hindsight, but I don't think the Niners will win in a blow out or KC will win a close game.
Thinking we might see another Pete Carroll "pass rather than run" INT play in the final minute + again? I don't think I screamed so loud in excitement at my tv since that play.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:36 AM

Mahomes can be off early in a game. Just off sync. But he will come around if you let him. He seems to get better as the game goes along. SF defense will always have to be aware. He is talented. Points when and where matter. I don't see a blowout. SF playing from behind could posit a different story. Jimmy ain't Mahomes. Limit mistakes and penalties. No turnovers will be key. SF wins but it will take the whole team to pull it off.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Patriots!
Just kidding. I think the Chiefs will win a close game.
LOL! Keep hope alive!

Vegas agrees with you on the Chiefs. I also still feel like Reid is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I still have this nagging thought that the Patriots are gonna find a way to pull this one out...
Personally, I think Brady is purposely keeping quiet about his plans for next season until after the "big game" (as the sports betting venues are calling it) is over and done with.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:45 PM

Long time Niner fan and I feel like I felt for the 84 season when the Niners met the Dolphins in the SB. Marino was a rookie and had a great year and I secretly thought we would get killed but we pretty much blew them out. Mahomes is probably better than Marino though. I want to win, I hope we win but I honestly feel at this point in time I would rather face Brady.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Long time Niner fan and I feel like I felt for the 84 season when the Niners met the Dolphins in the SB. Marino was a rookie and had a great year and I secretly thought we would get killed but we pretty much blew them out. Mahomes is probably better than Marino though. I want to win, I hope we win but I honestly feel at this point in time I would rather face Brady.

Mahomes runs when he sees zone defense. 49rs have a great zone defense and that’s gonna keep Mahomes from confidently throwing the ball.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
I still have this nagging thought that the Patriots are gonna find a way to pull this one out...
ha! I know right!! Seriously Ray, that's the best post yet. Still chuckling..
Old 01-30-2020, 07:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
You have to admit, that 84 team was a pretty sensational squad, with the likes of Montana, Clark and Tyler, Ronnie Lott on defense. Great coaches (Walsh and Seifert). Both Offense and Defense were at or near the top of the heap in the league. It wasn't a fluke that those (overly hyped up) Dolphins got lured into a big net and served up for dinner.

I'm just a neutral observer this year, but I would take that 84 squad over this year's team to go up against the Chiefs.
That said, if I were to bet on this game, I would still pick the 49ers and just hope and pray their D shows up in tip top shape. As we've seen, they are going up against a team that can turn a losing blowout into a runaway win. And quickly. That was some kind of performance against the Texans. Never seen anything like it.
I'm actually looking forward to watching the game. For once, I can just relax and enjoy the action.

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann
Old 01-30-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
...The half time show is awful...
Haha. I remember watching the halftime show many years ago when McCartney did the gig. I'm no McCartney fan, but.... wait a minute! I recognize that guy playing with him! I used to be in a band with that guy! He was all guitar, all the time. Great guy, and man could he play. Kudos to Brian Ray!

[Couldn't find a shot from that Superbowl]

2018 Guild F-512 Sunburst -- 2007 Guild F412 Ice Tea burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 Whiskeyburst -- 2011 Guild F-50R Sunburst
2011 Guild GAD D125-12 NT -- 
1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string
2012 Epiphone Dot CH
 -- 2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

2013 Yamaha Motif XS7

Cougar's Soundcloud page
Old 01-30-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Thinking we might see another Pete Carroll "pass rather than run" INT play in the final minute + again? I don't think I screamed so loud in excitement at my tv since that play.
No, I see mismanaging time as he usually does. Like he'll burn a timeout at the start of the second half that'll be crucial late in the game.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-31-2020, 12:01 AM

The super bowl will be shot in 4K for the first time ever. Don’t expect 4K broadcast from you cable provider though. Look for streaming services.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:48 AM

I can't wait to see how each defense schemes this game upfront. What if KC stacks the defensive line to stop the run and SF runs quick slants or screens in the beginning. That I think would be unexpected. Any adjustments would open up the SF running game. A real clock burner and chain mover. KC will score points on any defense. But it is a matter of who has ball possession, how much time they burn and who can convert on key opportunities. Game planning is going to be interesting. If you expect this we will give you that. Naturally, it will take some gutsy game calling on both sides. Andy? What are you gonna do? I will watch this one!
Old 02-01-2020, 01:12 PM
Charter Member

I have been watching some of the football shows and it appears that there are just as many pundits picking either team! The one common denominator is they all seem to believe that this will be very memorable and explosive game. I am of course nervous for the Chiefs, my home town team, having been 50 years since the city had their team in the big game!. I was 20 years old when the Chiefs beat the Vikings in Super Bowl IV and am so excited for what I see as a great team with a super chance to be Super Bowl Champs! Turnovers, if there are any, will sway this outcome. I hope the refs are not looking to throw lots of flags, just the ones that are in no way questionable. I would love to not have any instant replays for penalties. If penalties are at a minimum this could go down as one of the most exciting well played Super Bowls in, oh well, 54 years!! Also, Tyrann Mathieu gets one really big game changer in the game
Old 02-01-2020, 01:56 PM

This is kind of OT, but why are most commercials are avoiding on calling it the Super Bowl and instead calling it just "The Big Game?"

Is it a gambling thing? I thought the Big Game in Vegas was called "craps?"
Old 02-01-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
This is kind of OT, but why are most commercials are avoiding on calling it the Super Bowl and instead calling it just "The Big Game?"

Is it a gambling thing? I thought the Big Game in Vegas was called "craps?"
"Super Bowl" is trademarked, guessing that is why. Same with radio commercials. I'm glad the the NHL refers to the Stanley Cup as that and not "the ice game".

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic