The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-05-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Must’ve been frustrating for him that even Edelman was dropping passes. And Sanu has shown great potential but I can tell that Brady has yet to truly trust him. He needs another Gronk that’s for sure. The whole team was off, it’s not fair to put it all on Brady. But that’s how it is, the QB takes most of the glory, but also takes most of the blame when things don’t go well.
If Antonio Brown had been of sound mind it would have been a much different season.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
My villain teams (Cowboys, Patriots, Saints) are all off playing golf now, so I’ll be cool with just watching some good football and being happy for whoever wins. I pretty much like every team left in it...

-Ray
I can relate Ray. Although, I’m a Chiefs fan. So hoping they can pull it off. But honestly, if they don’t get to the big game...I can root for whomever.

As far as the Eagles go...idk. Wentz almost seems like a liability. I could be wrong, but he certainly seems injury prone. But, they’ve definitely seemed to find a way to win, even with a banged up roster. Ya never know. Maybe McCown will pull off a Nick Foles and get them to the big game. He’s certainly done a decent job so far. Especially considering he’s had ZERO real snaps/playing time until today.
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 01-05-2020, 06:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
I can relate Ray. Although, I’m a Chiefs fan. So hoping they can pull it off. But honestly, if they don’t get to the big game...I can root for whomever.

As far as the Eagles go...idk. Wentz almost seems like a liability. I could be wrong, but he certainly seems injury prone. But, they’ve definitely seemed to find a way to win, even with a banged up roster. Ya never know. Maybe McCown will pull off a Nick Foles and get them to the big game. He’s certainly done a decent job so far. Especially considering he’s had ZERO real snaps/playing time until today.
Wentz was healthy all season this year. And toward the end of the season, he was the guy who galvanized all of these young practice squad guys and got them to really play. So, no, I don’t think he’s a liability at all. He’s the reason they got here against all odds. Not to say they’d win if he was in or can’t win without him (postscript, they didnt), but I’d waaaaay rather have him in than out...

Last edited by raysachs; 01-05-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
That was a grand game, wasn't it? Us Vikings fans still have (somewhat) bitter memories of the attempted murder of Brett Favre 10 years ago, and a win over the Saints, especially on the road, and a playoff game to boot, is especially satisfying.

Next week, 49ers. Hope today's Kirk Cousins shows up again.
I wish the Saints that played the Panthers and the Titans in the last games of the season had shown up today!
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 01-05-2020, 08:33 PM

Seahawks are always a tough out.
As long as the have Wilson, they’ve got a shot, truly a clutch player.
Go Hawks !
Old 01-05-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
If Antonio Brown had been of sound mind it would have been a much different season.

Not just him but also Josh Gordon. On week 1 Brady had Edelman, Gordon and Brown. And then all of a sudden all he had was Edelman. His o-line also didn’t give him all the time in the world to pass the ball like some here claim. He had to get rid of that ball in a hurry more often than not.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:30 PM
Charter Member

Good games this weekend - all very close until the very end.

Count me in the camp that was pleased to see the Pats lose in Foxborough. I suppose as a Ravens fan it would have been sweet revenge to beat them in Baltimore for the AFC title, but honestly, any time the Pats lose at home in the playoffs it is a victory for just about all concerned west of the Hudson.

That being said, I though it was sad that Brady may ride off into the sunset with an ignominious pick six to seal the loss as his final play. He didn't have much of a chance - the Titans rushed 2 and had 9 in coverage. It appears that the Pats sent out 4 receivers, then the back delayed and flared out and the play was suppose to be the old hook and ladder, except a defender knocked the ball up and it went back to the house on the INT.

I thought it was a fitting end to the careers of Ray Lewis and Peyton Manning in that their team won the Super Bowl and then they retired and went into the HoF. Perhaps Brady should have put in his papers a year ago.

I just can't see him in anything but a Pats uniform. Joe Montana with the Chiefs, Johnny U with the Chargers, Bret Favre with the Vikings, Ed Reed with the Jets, no, no, no that is not the way to end a magnificent career.
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin
Old 01-06-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Wentz was healthy all season this year. And toward the end of the season, he was the guy who galvanized all of these young practice squad guys and got them to really play. So, no, I don’t think he’s a liability at all. He’s the reason they got here against all odds. Not to say they’d win if he was in or can’t win without him (postscript, they didnt), but I’d waaaaay rather have him in than out...
Carson Wentz is not injury prone. Last nights concussion was due to a deliberate, targeted helmet to helmet hit and Clowney ought to be fined and suspended for the balance of the season, if not into next year. And the argument that Carson was a runner at that point is null...it would have been a dirty hit on anyone.

Shame on NBC for not addressing it and making that idiot their first post game on field interview.

The NFL wants everybody to believe they’re concerned about player safety. If they fail to address this they are showing their true, money grubbing colors.

And, yes, I am a lifelong Eagles fan...
Old 01-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
I wish the Saints that played the Panthers and the Titans in the last games of the season had shown up today!
They did, but the Vikings defense was there to greet them. People always say, 'they didn't play well today - they had a bad game'. While that's occasionally true, it's usually what the opponent doesn't LET you do. The Saints are really good against a lot of teams, but they're not good enough to beat everyone and a team with the right defensive strategy and the players to pull it off can make them look really ordinary. Like yesterday...

-Ray
Old 01-06-2020, 05:56 PM

Pats haters finally got their wish.
You all happy now?
Old 01-06-2020, 06:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
You all happy now?
lol...here we go

Do I like the Patriots not particularly. Is Brady a great QB. Yes. Have they had an awesome run...yes. Will Brady play next year...probably. Do I care. No.

Am I a hater. No.

Am I glad they’re out. Yes.

Are you happy now? :
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS
Old 01-06-2020, 07:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
You all happy now?
Is the world really that black and white for you? If you're not a fan (probably because you're a fan of another team) and don't wish the Patriots to succeed, and have mentioned that, you're a hater? By that standard, you're a hater of all of the other teams who aren't the Patriots. Such negativity!

I'm actually really happy because there were only three teams I particularly didn't want to see move forward who had a chance to this year, the Cowboys, Patriots, and Saints. And they're all out. So any of the remaining teams that make it I'll enjoy watching and be happy for. I don't hate any of them and actually like all of the ones who are left. That must be really hard for you to wrap your brain around!

I don't even hate those three teams I'm glad to see gone. The Cowboys I go back so far with (actually, I go back so far against) that I could almost buy the "hate" term, but not really - it's just not that toxic. I don't dislike anything about the Saints other than their coach, but I REALLY dislike him for the whole "bounty-gate" thing, which I think was pure evil and he really should have been banned for life (so every time they lose a game they probably should have won, I just figure it's karmic payback and rejoice a little bit). And the Patriots I don't even really dislike except in the sense that I'm tired of them always winning. And so this year they won't and, happily, I won't have to think about them for the rest of the post-season.

So, yeah, whatever you want to call me, I'm happy. I'm glad they tried their very hardest, competed with everything they had, but ultimately lost. And I enjoyed the irony of Vrabel playing the kind of mind games with Belicheck that Belicheck has usually played with everyone else with that whole burning time through taking penalties thing. That was just entertaining.

So, not hating anyone at the moment, thanks. Have a nice post-season if you can still enjoy it once your one and only team is out... My team lost yesterday under circumstances I find disturbing, but they weren't very good anyway and were real fortunate to even make the playoffs. So I'm cool with it all...
Old 01-06-2020, 07:52 PM
Charter Member

OK, guys... let's stop accusing each other of hating anything or anybody. It's OK to like the Patriots; it's OK to dislike the Patriots.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderdon View Post
Seahawks are always a tough out.
As long as the have Wilson, they’ve got a shot, truly a clutch player.
Go Hawks !
Wilson, Watson, Jackson, Mahomes - there are some really great young QBs in the league now. Tough, clutch and smart.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:15 PM

Default yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop47 View Post
Wilson, Watson, Jackson, Mahomes - there are some really great young QBs in the league now. Tough, clutch and smart.
And coming up are some great match-ups. Notice how good the Vikings look with Cook, and how confused without him in the line-up?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic